You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

World Snooker Championship

kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
edited May 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

Who do you fancy for this year, betting looks quite open so far...

my tip is Shaun Murphy or Mark Selby

we all know that D'ohhhh will be backing Stephen Lee but who do you think will win the 17 day snorefest??????

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited April 2012

as a good Celtic man ill be feeling slightly dirty backing rangers fanatic Graham Dott but as a betting medium it makes sense @ 33's, thought he played some really nice stuff on the last terrestial televised UK tourney, seems to be getting back on track after battling mental illness and can see him not being too far off reaching the dizzy heights of 2006 and for someone who has made 3 finals in recent memory 33's mammoth value

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited April 2012
    Joe Davies. . . I mean Fred. . . Or is it Steve?? Oh I dunno. . Anyone called Davies still in it??
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2012

Ronnie (if he CanBA)...
    Mark Williams....or Selby.

Or is this the year where the Asian/Far East players conquer ?
  • Options
    chopos180chopos180 Member Posts: 176
    edited April 2012

Martin Gould @ 100s is overpriced. He won a Power Snooker comp early in the season
    Although not relevant to best of 19 snooker. Shows that he has bottle when it comes
    down to it.Had Trump @ 8s earlier in the season and just layed @ 11/2.
    As this is a poker forum. Surely a sly couple of quid on Ken Doherty @ 300s is purely a fun bet
    Ronnie is 8s is also viable depending on which brain cell of his turns up.

• Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited April 2012
    Selby £5 10/1
    Junhui £5 12/1
    Maguire £5 14/1
    Fu £2.50ew 100/1

Like the look of trump but only betting small so not worth backing him.

Also had a £10 acca on most of the favs winnning first round, left out stevens as ive backed fu, and bingham as think hendry will beat him, i know theres likely to be an upset somewhere but worth a tenner at 24.98/1

Higgins 1/5
    Gould 2/5
    Robewrston 1/6
    Maguire 1/6
    Junhui 2/9
    Trump 1/6
    Lee 3/10
    Williams 1/7
    Dott 2/5
    Selby 2/7
    Carter 4/6 (this will probably be the one that lets me down)
    Murphy 1/5
    Allen 1/10
    O'sullivan 2/7
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Carter may struggle with best of 19 as hes been suffering with crohn's disease
    hence not playing many tournements.  Done a lucky15 For mini stakes
    Wenbo 4/1 Doherty 9/2  Luca Brecel 4/1  Day 7/2

• Options
    cinnanaticinnanati Member Posts: 155
    edited April 2012

its got to be john higgins for me as he never gives up wot a battler although would love to see stephen hendry do it and i hope g dott does well for the gers connection lol

• Options
    edited April 2012

well although he has battled depression for years and as a fellow sufferer i can have sympathy.
    The problem is Donk is that Ronnie may well be the best person to lift a cue and the only one in
    my knowledge to score a 147 with either hand. The way he conducts himself can leave himself open
    for critics(like me) to have a pop. I think Ebdon could turn him over in the 1st round although betting
    like you know can be objective hence my opinions. There is more than 1 ronnie that plays world snooker.
    I like you want to see the right one although i have my doubts

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2012
    They're all playing for 2nd, Kaymac has nailed it in the o.p, Stephen Lee will cruise to the win.

Problem is he's only 28/1 this year, previously he's been 100/1, 80/1, 66/1 etc. 

28/1 is still good though, get on while you can. 
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    You got a welsh thing going on there donk. Matthew Stevens @ 66s is fair as he is 10times better at the long format. My best are down so not changing now lol
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited April 2012
    LOL @ Doh going for the kid from The Goonies

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited April 2012
    Gone for Judd Trump @5/1 ew
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Had a proper sweet on Doherty earlier. Have had a bet with some1 who pays out your
    odds if sum1 has a maximum. @300/1 was a good sweat for my £2
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Well, thats Murphy gone...... Is it gonna be a year of the underdog ??

• Options
    12671267 Member Posts: 936
    edited April 2012
    I've gone for Day at 100-1 ,  stevens at 66-1 and carter at 80-1 !!!   Love to see ronnie win it, but refuse to back him at such short odds !  stevens looked good 1st round,  day 5-4 up v ding !     you just never knowww
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to Re: World Snooker Championship:
    They're all playing for 2nd, Kaymac has nailed it in the o.p, Stephen Lee will cruise to the win. Problem is he's only 28/1 this year, previously he's been 100/1, 80/1, 66/1 etc.  28/1 is still good though, get on while you can. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Maybe next year JJ

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited April 2012

Its ok....after taking some advice off me, JJ had Lee in an e/w treble....Barcelona to win the Champions League and Liverpool to win the Premiership.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited April 2012
    I've got Higgins at 10/1. His first match was a bit of a sweat though!

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2012
    I put a £10 bet on 4/1 shot other day with the intention of sticking it all on Trump, if the bet came in.

The 4/1 shot was West Ham to win when they went 1-0 down against Leicester.

Sooo i now have £50 on Trump to win @ 4/1

Plz 1time!
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited April 2012
    No excuses this year he was just rubbish!

My 2nd favourite/2nd fattest player, Murphy, is also out....

I can't have anymore bets on who I want to win, so I might have to think about who actually might win!

That 10/1 on Higgins looks v good now, and surprisingly, despite all the high profile exits, he's only in to 7/1!

Hendry wont beat him over best of 25, so my 2nd, and hopefully, final tenner will prob go on Higgins in the morning!