You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Your best piece of advice...

Bromley023Bromley023 Member Posts: 274
edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
Dear Poker fans

Gotta say guys, not only was it a fantastic day out last Saturday, but reading the posts on the forum has kept the adrenaline pumping all week!  Keep them coming ....

I was merely a spectator on the day and the reason for this is that I have only been playing now for a short period of time.  Yes, I am a poker newbie I am afraid.  Bromley04 is doing his best to teach me, even if I am driving him up the wall and make him shout when I call a Q2 that has been re-raised pre-flop (to be fair, I hit 4Q's on the Turn in that game ...).

I am desperate to get good enough to qualify and play in one of the Sky Poker Tour legs soon and so my question to you all is this:

"What was the best piece of advice that you were given when you were a poker newbie and just starting out..."

Mrs B

P.s. I am still refusing to apologise to all the city fans for robbing them of a three points at Eastlands on Saturday!! 

Comments

• Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      Dont play too many hands and watch all the hands that you are not in. You can gain more information by folding for the first 2 rotations and watching than you can get by playing 1 pot.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited November 2009

Stop supporting Burnley?
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    be patient, just play the big hands to start with. Try and avoid being in pots with lots of players (either fold or put big raises in). Try not to get too attached to big hands, and as Talon said, watch the other players, see what sort of player they are.

The SPT games are all about having fun (as im sure you saw) so dont worry if you are new, all welcome. Goodluck qualifying
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Your best piece of advice...:
    Stop supporting Burnley?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheeky!!!
  • Options
    David36David36 Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2009

Keep up the stare! Scared me and you were only watching at the time!!

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Posted by David36
    Oh God Dave I am sooooo sorry! 

I was honestly just really nervous.  Was our first live tourney experience and I couldn't breathe!

I will make sure I wear a hoody and glasses etc next time lol ;-)

• Options
    MaggiesdadMaggiesdad Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    Posted by David36
    + 1