You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

should i have shoved pre flop

PODGEYPODGEY Member Posts: 8
edited July 2012 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hand num 517704395 in the mini b/h tonight, blinds 30/60 i raised 180 with KK got reraised {360} got another 2 callers,flop came 9,j,k 
I checked ruster19 went 420 the other 2 olded i went allin ruster alled and turned over 10,queen! what do u think

Comments

• Options
    moore1987moore1987 Member Posts: 13
    edited June 2012
    i aint flat calling the raise mate, tbh its a insta all in over top if he calls and hit that flop and get's lucky so be, atleast you got your money in good when  your strong 
  • Options
    Herbie536Herbie536 Member Posts: 80
    edited July 2012
    In Response to should i have shoved pre flop:
    Hand num 517704395 in the mini b/h tonight, blinds 30/60 i raised 180 with KK got reraised {360} got another 2 callers,flop came 9,j,k  I checked ruster19 went 420 the other 2 olded i went allin ruster alled and turned over 10,queen! what do u think
    Posted by PODGEY
    i reckon the push was correct, even if he has q 10 you still have 7 outs to beat him, he could have had many different hands for instance lower trips, two pair or pair with straight draw, i think you have to say you just got unlucky running into the evential nuts

• Options
    lisa1962lisa1962 Member Posts: 25
    edited July 2012
    Yes , you should have reraise shoved pre flop, as by the time its raised behind you and then called twice suggests there was more than enough in the pot by this stage to be happy to take it down there and then, or be in great shape pre if you're called by anything other than AA. Once you call pre and flop top set, it doesn't matter that one of your opponents has flopped the nuts. You've flopped top set and are not going anywhere on this flop, you just got unlucky and that's poker my friend. Had you shoved pre this would not have happened!