You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker Points Happy Hour??

nagromnagrom Member Posts: 198
edited November 2009 in Community Suggestions
I was thinking that perhaps during the day (between 1-3pm?) a double points period could be introduced to increase traffic during the early afternoon?  Would also help low stakes players and beginners see some benefit from regularly playing as points accumulation is very diffuclt at 4NL etc. Obviously I'm basing this on FTP's Happy Hour and so I understand this may not be possible for a site not of such size.

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Poker Points Happy Hour??:
    I was thinking that perhaps during the day (between 1-3pm?) a double points period could be introduced to increase traffic during the early afternoon?  Would also help low stakes players and beginners see some benefit from regularly playing as points accumulation is very diffuclt at 4NL etc. Obviously I'm basing this on FTP's Happy Hour and so I understand this may not be possible for a site not of such size.
    Posted by nagrom
    Between midnight and 6am would be better, thats when it is slow.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    i  think  if  u  start   a  table  u  should  get    double  points 
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Poker Points Happy Hour??:
    Posted by nagrom
    I think its a good idea in principle but whatever time you choose to run it you will get people complaining that they can't participate and are therefore losing out because of work or some other daily commitments at that time.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Happy Hour??:
    In Response to Poker Points Happy Hour?? : I think its a good idea in principle but whatever time you choose to run it you will get people complaining that they can't participate and are therefore losing out because of work or some other daily commitments at that time.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    I THINK YOUR MISSING THE POINT HERE KIWINI, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WHEN NOT MANY ARE PLAYING, TO ENCOURAGE MORE AT THESE TIMES, LIKE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING, OR LUNCHTIME DURING THE WEEK, OR TEA TIME ETC, AND TOUGH IF PLAYERS CANT MAKE IT, I WOULDNT MAKE MOST OF THE TIMES MYSELF LOL
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Poker Points Happy Hour?? : I THINK YOUR MISSING THE POINT HERE KIWINI, ITS SUPPOSED TO BE WHEN NOT MANY ARE PLAYING, TO ENCOURAGE MORE AT THESE TIMES, LIKE EARLY HOURS OF THE MORNING, OR LUNCHTIME DURING THE WEEK, OR TEA TIME ETC, AND TOUGH IF PLAYERS CANT MAKE IT, I WOULDNT MAKE MOST OF THE TIMES MYSELF LOL
    Posted by loonytoons
    Come on this is the POKER forum, of course people are going to moan lol
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    CAN I HAVE EXTRA POINTS FOR PLAYING BADLY ?
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited November 2009
    I like the concept but allocating the time would be tricky.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
     YES YES YES, amazing idea, ive thougt about this as well, do it sky.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    you should move this thread to suggestions, that way the skyteam will look into it
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited November 2009
    i wouldnt be using this idea so much myself at present as im on my break (although going by way ive played recently i may make my return soon).

However i think this would be an idea to get sky poker a little busier a differnt times. I used to play alot at night and unless on a cash table struggled to get a game, also the lunchtime thing i used to play the odd tournament at and there wasnt usually more than 10 within.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    i  think  if  u  start   a  table  u  should  get    double  points 
    Posted by scrumdown
    +1

I remember a site that used to do this a while back.  They might still do, I`m not sure
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Yeah it would be great if we could get it implemented, how would I go about moving this thread to suggestions then??
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I like the idea in priciple, but I am not sure how it could be worked.
    Also the idea of the person starting a table getting double points is a good idea.
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    It's a good idea, and does work on FTP.

I prefer late night early morning for double points, as 1-3 is still a relatively peak time compared to 12am onwards.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited November 2009
    extra points for what? entry to freerolls... nice. make a sky poker shop first.
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2009

HOLD ON... WHAT ABOUT ALL OF US WHO HAVE BEEN WITH SKY SINCE DAY 1 AND HAVE BOUGHT POKER POINTS UP LOADS OF TIMES AND HOW TO SPEND THEM....  AND STILL HAVE NO REAL ANSWER...SURELY THEY MUST SORT THAT OUT FIRST BEFORE EVEN SUGGESTING DOING THIS?

• Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    Could try early afternoon/very late evening, dont see it affecting the number of players much though
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    extra points for what? entry to freerolls... nice. make a sky poker shop first.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    To count towards Cash for points at the end of the month?!
  • Options
    BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited November 2009
    Good idea!  Could do with some extra points..hehe
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited November 2009
    its not going to make that much difference... i would rather have a sky poker shop first.