You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Poker software

HairySachHairySach Member Posts: 1
edited May 2012 in Community Help & Advice
Hi all,
I am a newbie,both to poker and the forums,so appologise foir any mistakes.
I am a complete fish and try not to think or pretend otherwise.
Have heard about poker software that can help you with your game but,
probably foolishly,
decided to try and learn without the software because you cant use it when playing live,i dont want to have to rely on the software and i'm not sure how the site owners feel about people using software.
However,i have come to realise that it can be a great help in improving my game.
So,i downloaded some free software,which said to close down all other programs before starting it up or else it wont work.
But when i open my program manager it shows about 20 programs running in the background and me,being rubbish with computers,am not sure which ones to close down.
I think at least some have to be running just for the computer to work.
so thought i would ask the community what they thought.
Greatful for any comments and advice.

Comments

• Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited May 2012
    Close down all programs means things like closing your web browser (internet explorer, firefox, chrome etc) if you've currently got it open. Also if you're playing any media files you should close that down. Sometimes you also have to close down firewalls/security software.

Basically just shut down anything you have opened yourself and currently have open.

Don't go closing programs from the program manager unless you know what you're doing.

Can I ask what software it is ? Also you really don't need to install these things, there's plenty of freely available help and advice on forums and websites.