You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

smaller priced tournaments

The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi

was going to suggest an idea i got from playing on a differant website last night. I was playing a $1 tournament (around 73p i believe) when i noticed and hourly 10p tournament. I know the winnings for this isnt much but maybe sky should implement more smaller priced tournaments for those who are learning, or have a smaller bank roll. I was only on this site because i had a win the other night with my last couple of quid and had some money to spend but i realised how many people actually went into these smaller tournaments was massive.

Maybe sky should take some time and consider.

Comments

• Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    I agree with this, I know that Stars and FTP have .10 and .25 tourneys that attract massive fields, it would be good for those with low bankrolls anyway :)
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Good idea next step up from the freerolls, when people are just starting out with a small bankroll, much like the 2p/4p cash tables
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    4p cash tables still need a bankroll of £100.. also where are the 1p/2p cash tables?
  • Options
    SueRooneySueRooney Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2009
    Yep, Ill second that as i only really play for fun and dont tend to go over £1/2 max a low cost MTT would sway me onto those tables, I rarely play them as the best you get is a ROULETTE game for a 50p and that really isnt poker!
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    yes  very  good  idea    if  your  just  starting  playing  poker
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks guys. maybe a comment from sky on the suggestion would put us into light
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Yeah, more variety the better, would attract more members
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    would love to see this, im trying to build up fron freerolls and my only option is 30p SnGs
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Keep bumping and im sure it will get some attention :) At the moment sky isnt fantastically catered towards people who are wanting to build their bankroll via MTTs, of course there are some £1.10 buyins but there's not a whole lot of them really.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    yeh, the smallest is a dym for 30p, and how come theres no rebuys on sky???
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: smaller priced tournaments:
    yeh, the smallest is a dym for 30p, and how come theres no rebuys on sky???
    Posted by nirvana29
    I'm waiting with eager anticipation for those rebuy tournaments.  I used to play them a LOT on another site and there cn be some real good value in those games.
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    great idea for those just learning how to play mtt's i think it would generate a lot interest personally ;) but then i am just the class clown ;)
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    the smaller buy ins are a good idea, like the 10p tournaments mentioned above.  They could work in the same way as other sites, i.e sit n go's, that start once a certain number of entrants has been reached.  This does require a certain level of traffic on the site, however, and that may be a problem.  The alternative is specific scheduled start times, the same as other mtt's, so perhaps that would be a more practical solution.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    great idea 10p mtt,

it would be a resting place for players with little cash,

sky wont lose players this way,

and an attracting for beginner's,

this would push the numbers of players  up in skypoker.

wd the don.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    thanks all again.

Thats the idea. Sky could only gain from it. i was thinking maybe sit and gos myself but also have tournaments.

IOf sky introduce these at say 10p 20p 30p .... all the way up to as high as the feel safe a number of people will join the site. and players who have no interest can just avoid them.
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    ive been waiting for micro tournaments for ages...they are very popular on other sites...and the risks is low...i may even decide to deposit if they were avialable, but while sky poker wont do that ..i play mostly micro games on other sites!
    Good post!
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I agree totally with Irishrover.
    The lowest MTT buy-in is £1.10 unless you go for the 60p 1 minute games which doesn't encourage good poker.
    I only play the lower end of the games for fun and would be attracted to the low buy-in MTT.
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    Anybody from sky comment on this? could this happen?
  • Options
    pushpower1pushpower1 Member Posts: 45
    edited November 2009
    this would b good as i dont have a big bankroll smaller priced tournaments give me a chance 2 build a bigger bankroll i hope lol
  • Options
    SueRooneySueRooney Member Posts: 26
    edited November 2009
    Come on SKY RICH your the man in the know!!!!!!!!