You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Connection Lost

MikiemurgMikiemurg Member Posts: 4
edited May 2012 in Community Help & Advice
Hi Everyone,

First of all i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as it's my first post on the forums!  Been playing on and off for the last 7 years or so, mainly cash games but recently playing DYM's and freeroll tournaments.  Not as much as i'd like due to family/kids and a partner who thinks i have an addictive personality when it comes to gambling but loves to spend my winnings!!!

Anyway, it seems recently i have been getting "connection lost" on my games quite a bit recently. Does anybody have the same problem, my braodnband connection is always fine.  It's so frustrating when you get a great hand then the screen lags and connection lost aarrgghh.

Is it worth reporting?

Mike.

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited May 2012
    It is worth reporting - best of British m8
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,265
    edited May 2012
    We are sorry, an unexpected error occurred

Just posted but got that

Was just saying - Are you on download version? I used to play on the flash version and even with a decent connection i,d struggle to get 4 tables , with a cpl of other sites running in the background

Was gonna say post in help and advice section, but think its just been moved , hence the error message above when i posted

MP
  • Options
    rob12345rob12345 Member Posts: 341
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Connection Lost:
    Hi Everyone, First of all i just wanted to say hi and introduce myself as it's my first post on the forums!  Been playing on and off for the last 7 years or so, mainly cash games but recently playing DYM's and freeroll tournaments.  Not as much as i'd like due to family/kids and a partner who thinks i have an addictive personality when it comes to gambling but loves to spend my winnings!!! Anyway, it seems recently i have been getting "connection lost" on my games quite a bit recently. Does anybody have the same problem, my braodnband connection is always fine.  It's so frustrating when you get a great hand then the screen lags and connection lost aarrgghh. Is it worth reporting? Mike.
    Posted by Mikiemurg
    yea this has just started happening to me the last 2 weeks
  • Options
    MikiemurgMikiemurg Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Re: Connection Lost:
    Are you on download version? I used to play on the flash version and even with a decent connection i,d struggle to get 4 tables , with a cpl of other sites running in the background Posted by MP33
    Not on the download version but i'll give that a try tonight - thanks.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,172
    edited May 2012
    Hi Mike, and welcome.

Very difficult to troubleshoot these things 'remotely'.  

To begin with when you're having any sort of networking trouble then make sure you're not using wireless anywhere in your LAN (local network). If you have wireless then you must (IMO) try it fully wired before taking things any further.

GL.