You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

make the deepies more offordable and with gauranteed prize pools

paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
i would like to say most of the players on sky would agree with me in saying the improvements which have been made are good . but heres a few ideas i had to make it a bit better hows about making the 7 pm deepies a gauranteed prize pool this would see the nimbers rise at the moment there is only the 730 one which is 22 pounds and the 815 one which is 125 pounds the rest of theses deepstacks the prize pool is made up of the entries buy in money so i would like for all the deepstack lovers out there to start voting on this to get the 7 pm one a gauranteed prize im sure this would boost the number of entries the 11 quid ones are showing no interest exept the sleepstack  these changes would bring the entries up

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    I disagrree with you, we have loads of £2.20 deepies so the bigger bankroll players need their fix as well, we cant remove all the more expensive buy in deepies, however a sattelite into these tournies may be in order.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    i am unsure what you mean paparon ,

please explain further if you don't mind please .
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    like  loonytoons  says  there  are  more   affordable   deepstack  in  the  lobby  cant  see  what  your  point  is  paparon 
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    SATELITES FOR THE MORE EXPENSIVE ONES WOULD BE FINE, EVERYTHING ELSE SEEMS FINE
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: make the deepies more offordable and with gauranteed prize pools:
    i am unsure what you mean paparon , please explain further if you don't mind please .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    put a few more gauranteed prize pool deepstacks on at the moment theres only two a day the 730 and the 815 what i was suggesting was make the 7pm one a gauranteed prize pool of say £200 or put on a few more gauranteed prize pools at the moment theres only 2 daily
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited November 2009
    I agree paparon. paying £11 for a tournament with no guaranteed prize pool doesn't seem right.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited November 2009
    I agree with paparon, a guaranteed prize pool may increas the number of entrants. we all had a good chat about this in the orfordable deepy lastnight and the feeling was that a gaurantted prize pool may increase the number of entrants making what is a great deepy even better.

A deepy with a guaranteed prize pool and a low entry such as the orfy £3.30 would be great.
  • Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2009

I won the orfordable deepy last night and agree the orfordable deep stack should have a guaranteed prize pool this should encourage more players.

Rawhand

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    yep got your point now paparon great idea but,

it may work best if you focused on the evening deepstacks,

more players in these ones,

this way sky wont lose out ,

hence more willing to give guarantee,

may i suggest the gurantee to be set low at the start ,

and as player  numbers grow  the guarantee may be increased ,

this way both sky and players are winners,

at present we the deepstack mob are using this process in the 8.15 deepstack,

and on a ongoing monitoring process by sky rich and bernie,

the guarantee and numbers are increasing .

once again we wish to thank sky rich and bernie for their excellent listening sky ear .

hope this helps you paparon m8y .
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Support this idea please
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    we need more low entry deepies with a guaranteed prize pool........vote yes for this thread
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: make the deepies more offordable and with gauranteed prize pools:
    I disagrree with you, we have loads of £2.20 deepies so the bigger bankroll players need their fix as well, we cant remove all the more expensive buy in deepies, however a sattelite into these tournies may be in order.
    Posted by loonytoons
    sorry loony have to disagree m8. they can still keep the larger prize pools for the bigger bank rolls just want a gtd for the lesser b/r this way more ppl will play and acebarry and kiwini wont have to promote them as much...btw i write this drunk i hope its ok
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i forgot to vote mmmmmm
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bump
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I agree with paparon, a guaranteed prize pool may increas the number of entrants. we all had a good chat about this in the orfordable deepy lastnight and the feeling was that a gaurantted prize pool may increase the number of entrants making what is a great deepy even better.

A deepy with a guaranteed prize pool and a low entry such as the orfy £3.30 would be great.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Make the orfordable a gtd prize pool please .....this may encourage more entries, if it fails we can always revert to the wayit is. 
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
     BEEN THINKING THE SAME .EVEN IF IT JUST A SMALL GUARANTEE. , IT WILL ATTRACT PLAYERS IN THE TABLE LOBBY . SORRY ALL , I EDITED THIS . GOT MIXED UP !!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    only 11  entries for this tourney tonight if thats not somthing for the chiefs at sky to take a look at then i dont know what is i allready suggested to put on the 330 ones all weekend as the only 11 quid one which attracts a decent number of entries is the tikay sleepstack
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited November 2009
    SOZ ABOUT PREVIOUS POST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009

A guarantee would def increase the numbers in the lower stake deepie. The higher rollers would keep to their deepie and us smaller players would have our own.