You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The 865 Freeroll Result & Top Ten

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

748 players entered this, so they were all effectively in a £1.10 Tourney for free.

It began at 9.45 with 2,000 chips & 7 minute Blinds, & the final hand was played out with the Blinds at 40,000 - 80,000, & an average stack of 750,000 - = 9 x BB. The Tourney finished at 00.22.

The final hand was a sperctacular car crash, with leesa going in behind, (T-9 v K-Q) but rivering a straight with the T-9to take it down.

leesa1£190.301496000 
minehabbit2£112.450 
sharky99993£73.530 
Dingdell4£51.900 
xandineilx5£43.250 
beardon106£34.600 
TENOFSPADE7£25.950 
apollo_118£17.300 
ruffian9£12.970 
imacert10£8.650
Very well done to all of them. Huge fun for free - can't be bad.

Comments

• Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    I had quite a good start in this, tripling up pretty early, however had a player on my table going all-in everyhand on my table and catch everything.Good gesture of a tournament, will look to taking part in it next time.

And the player going all-in on my table everyhand actually finished tenth, wow. Nice gameplay lol.
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    leesa will be pretty pleased tonight, payed nothing got near £200 for it!
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I enjoyed the tournament and was surprised that there wasn't more players entered.
    I had some good fortune on the way to 8th place but run into pocket Q's with my A 3 BB when very short stacked to go out.
    Well done to all that cashed.
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited November 2009
    Thoroughly enjoyed it - never played a freeroll before - it was good fun!

Thank you Sky for the free money. :-))
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    wd done all,well played.APOLLO youve cashed yet again,VWD m8
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Thanks Dav1964.
    I do tend to do well in the free games. Perhaps it the freedom I get when I have a free entry. I just don't know.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    recognise a fair few names there, well done on lasting so long in a big field
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Congrats to the winners it was a good tourney and a lot of good play.  I too was expecting the 2000 as there were over 4000 on sky poker at the time
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited November 2009
    I' a newbie here, I was playing last night but this one passed me by. How do you get in?
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The 865 Freeroll Result & Top Ten:
    I' a newbie here, I was playing last night but this one passed me by. How do you get in?
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    They run these every so often on a Saturday night, I think last nights was the second.  To enter you have to watch the live show on TV and they announce the password at around 9.30 for the game to start at 9.45.
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The 865 Freeroll Result & Top Ten : They run these every so often on a Saturday night, I think last nights was the second.  To enter you have to watch the live show on TV and they announce the password at around 9.30 for the game to start at 9.45.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Ah, thanks for that. Will have to try and persuade the missus to switch over from X-Factor next time!
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The 865 Freeroll Result & Top Ten : Ah, thanks for that. Will have to try and persuade the missus to switch over from X-Factor next time!
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Hi

You can watch and listen to the show online too, you will find the watch sky poker on the home page :)
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2009
    Nice to see a few regulars of the forum cashed.  I didnt last to long played pretty poor but well done to all that cashed
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    edited November 2009

I Railed the whole Final, after the Show, & it was terrific stuff - really good standard too.

Poker played as it should be, too - no abuse, no moaning & groaning, they just took their beats like men. Even Ding, who Sky-Rich described as "he" the other day. ;)
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited November 2009
    I Railed the whole Final, after the Show, & it was terrific stuff - really good standard too. Poker played as it should be, too - no abuse, no moaning & groaning, they just took their beats like men. Even Ding, who Sky-Rich described as "he" the other day. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have to say I was on the politest tables anywhere when playing this. I have never seen so many please and thank you's - it was like attending a finishing school for poker players. Very nice but a little unusual.
  • Options
    TramshedTramshed Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2009
    This tournament was a bonus for me just saw it in time and enjoyed it a lot. Have started playing the freerolls as am rubbish and was spending too much cash!! Since starting these have made 2 final tables and learnt loads from you guys an gals.anyone got any advice for me, i start off playing very cautious, only getting into the hands i think i will win and have been building good size stacks then as the blinds increase i think i have to start pushing on and in 4/5 hands am out, any suggetions??
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    only 748, i didnt play cus  i thougt  2000 would people entering, so i went out instead, howcome the last tourney filled up so fast?, 1000 players enterd straigt away from your hint tikay.