You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

offordables all week

paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
lets put this to the vote  i think the offordables should be on all week exept monday night [your name deepie] thirsdaynight [tikaysleepstack] the rest of the week offordables at either 330 or 550 the 11 quid ones are not bringing in the numbers the other ones are

Comments

• Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    i think its ok the way it is at the moment
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    do you play  in there hogg 321 i do and the only ones which attract decent fields are the offordables and the forum or monday night name your deestack the 10+1buy ins are lucky to get 20 entries
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited November 2009
    I agree paparon, the only way the £10 deepie would improve in numbers is if it had a guaranteed prize pool. Looking at the lobby all other tournaments £10+ are guaranteed, don't see why this one isn't.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i tried this also lisa i suggested a gtd pool for the deestacks but it never got the support so i decided to give this one a try a lot of the people who vote though dont play the deepies we play them every night if possible its the low entries to the 10+1  10 seaters which spoil it if the biggerbankrolls can have a 20+2 gtd every night why cant we get a gtd or a lower buy in for the 10 seaters at 7pm.ps leave the name yourself one alone
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Unless we can get a guarantee on the £10 games, which with the numbers we are getting at the moment I doubt we will, I think that having £3 & £5 games at 7.00 are a good idea.  I would like to see some £10 games but we just aren't getting the support for them, there were only 24 runners tonight.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009
    Your right  "paperon" , it seems the 'powers that be' and the TV people are seemingly only interested in campaigning for the BIG buy-ins with very little interest  in guaranteeing smaller stake games..
    I tried to put a similar point over about the way they are trying to promote TWO big games on Sundays .. 
     Alas I feel the site are becoming obsessed with BIG is better,  and the rest can 'Eat Cake' good luck in you thread  and the 'poll' ...
    These games should get a good guarantee in my opinion but I think you'll find the visionaries who advise  aren't looking to put this game on a "guarantee agenda", they don't realise this sort of tournament is where most dedicated players who want to develop their game can learn at an affordable buy-in,   in the current recession.   
    glk U 2 Moo .. glk
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    seriously guys, not all, in fact not many players want to pay a tenner plus for a game of poker, unless its a 'big' tourny, the vast majority only pay less than a fiver. To get the numbers up, sats have to be the order of the day. Its a fact of life, most players here are fun players not pros and a tenner is too much to pay on a regular basis - only occasionally. Dont forget this site is mainly british so you need to really push for a lot of players to enter, the number of higher stake players are simply not here.
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited November 2009
    I ain't played on here in quite a while, will be back after christmas, probably sooner, but I am currently on another site (which i wont name) but I feel this site is a good one but the offordable ones especially £3.30 are very enjoyable. When I do come back would love to be able to play in 10 seated cheap deepstacks :) hope everyones well, ozzie, paparon, pod and the rest.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    to all who vote in these think the numbers for the 10+1 deepies are virtually non existant the only ones that bring in decent entries are the lower buy in tournaments,sky is one of the few sites that listen to the input from its customers,there is enough bigger buy in tournaments with guaranted prize pool,this is for all of us with a lower bank roll who prefer to play these tournaments,its usually the same faces every night even when the buy ins are more,surely even those who play in the 10+1 notice the numbers are low compared to the other deep stacks.Thanks ....get voting.paparon.
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2009
    I would play the 3.30 deepies all day every day, and for two days most days, and for three days on sundays, so you get my vote innit--gl mate
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited November 2009
    I voted yes and hope it gets the green light...gl with it paparon
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    u  got  my  vote  paparon  thing  is  i  can  only  play  in the  week  ones  evey  other week  cause  i   week  nights
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I voted yes to more Orfordables.
    I play in them when I can. It is at the top limit of my BR but for 3 to 4 hours of Poker, it is worth it.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: offordables all week:
    seriously guys, not all, in fact not many players want to pay a tenner plus for a game of poker, unless its a 'big' tourny, the vast majority only pay less than a fiver. To get the numbers up, sats have to be the order of the day. Its a fact of life, most players here are fun players not pros and a tenner is too much to pay on a regular basis - only occasionally. Dont forget this site is mainly british so you need to really push for a lot of players to enter, the number of higher stake players are simply not here.
    Posted by loonytoons
    thats the point loonytoons im trying top get the bigger buy ins which attract virtally no runners put on the back burner so that more affordable ones are in thier place and  we get more entries
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    This is a great idea Paparon........some peoples bankroll cant afford the £10 buy ins.

So if you dont usually play in these orfordables people " YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING"

1. Great value for money

2. Great banter in the chat box

3. Pick your poker wits against top players
  • Options
    chrisbhoychrisbhoy Member Posts: 302
    edited November 2009
    i agree with everything u say paparon, us ayrshire punters dont want to be paying the tenner everyday lol
    the affordable deepies have enough players and the banter in them is very good, all for £3.30.
    We need more of them
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    This is a great idea Paparon........some peoples bankroll cant afford the £10 buy ins. So if you dont usually play in these orfordables people " YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING" 1. Great value for money 2. Great banter in the chat box 3. Pick your poker wits against top players
    Posted by COCASIRF
    thats what im trying to get across m8 cheers for the support all
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    I agree strongly with this thread.

Did you see the posts on here yesterday pleading for people to sign up for the more expensive ones and that was only for a 10 pound satelite.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    edited November 2009
    last nite 24 runners top 3 payed out  final table b4 2nd break says it all really its losing its value stick a gtd on them you will get more playing.cant see why sky cant have offordable and £10 deepie at the same time everyday to give people more choices, id play both btw
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: offordables all week : thats what im trying to get across m8 cheers for the support all
    Posted by paparon

I speak the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth ;)