You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Royal Ascot: Day 1

ms-treems-tree Member Posts: 889
edited June 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
At last it's here Royal Ascot (and the last year to be shown on bbc as channel 4 won rights to show this showpiece event from next year).  

2:30  Well whats going to be 2nd to the mighty FRANKEL, most likley to be EXCELEBRATION, as chased him home 4 times and 2nd on 3 of those occasions.  Small Stakes s/fcast best bet.

3:05  I was very keen on SOLE POWER e/w in this race until i saw that ORTENSIA was in race, ORTENSIA was only modest in Australia (no black caviar) but did beat SOLE POWER last time out very easy at 1st try over this 5f.  At the prices i would rather stick to the form book and go with ORTENSIA e/w 6/1.

3:45  POWER is the worthy fav here, but i will be backing DRAGON PULSE e/w,  finished 1/2l behind the fav in sep over 7f (staying on to late), and 1st try over the mile beat the highly regarded DABIRSIM. Ran a poor race last time but didn't settle at all.  If settles better should be the e/w option here at 14/1.

4:25  This looks very tricky as not alot to go on form wise, so a little guess work involded.  Going 7/2fav in field like this is criminal, so again looking at e/w alternatives.
ENGLISHMAN 10/1  ran very green 1st time out (outpaced for most of race) but won niclely once knew his job, and OLYMPIC GLORY 25/1  won very easy 1st time out (on bridle) over same ground/distance as today.  trick race but those 2 e/w should be the value.

5:00  ELYAADI (bet of day for me), loves ASCOT (raced twice and 2nd on both occasions at ASCOT, inc this race 2 years ago off 4lb higher) and 2nd to SWINGKEEL of 5lb higher mark in last years Queens Alexandra, had a good prep run over 14f last time out, and well be very hard to beat this year 8/1.

5:35  Good Luck if betting in this race

RECAP:  tricky races today (big fields)  but best bet for me is 5:00 ELYAADI 8/1 E/w.

Good luck all if having a bet today.

Comments

• Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited June 2012
    ms i had free £5 bet gone on sole power
  • Options
    moonooomoonooo Member Posts: 554
    edited June 2012
    If you think the races are tricky today, look at tomorrows card :( Other than the Prince of wales stakes, the races look wideeeeeeeeeeeee open..Really fancy Ortensia today, Best jockey in the race, best horse in the race, good draw, will it get the gaps from the back i hope so...These aussie sprinters are twice as good as the british ones...With a clear run i cant see it being beat
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    flashs eway l 31 sole power foxtrot romeo heavy metal dark ranger and dylan baru i need luck
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    1st up lol, still couldn't see past the f/cast, 10/11 exacta so happy days.  on to the next race.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    hard day today placed 20/1 and a f./cast,  very tricky, hope tomorrow fairs better.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    2 places in l31 as my mum says better than bein poked in the eye with a sharp stick
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited June 2012
    better than a slap in the belly with a wet fish
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2012
    In Response to Royal Ascot: Day 1:

Nice post,did not do too well at ascot, had 4 placed in my lucky 15, which had Sole Power. So made  a decent profit on that bet. Down on the day, maybe tomorrow will be better(hope so).
    At last it's here Royal Ascot (and the last year to be shown on bbc as channel 4 won rights to show this showpiece event from next year).   2:30  Well whats going to be 2nd to the mighty FRANKEL, most likley to be EXCELEBRATION, as chased him home 4 times and 2nd on 3 of those occasions.  Small Stakes s/fcast best bet. 3:05  I was very keen on SOLE POWER e/w in this race until i saw that ORTENSIA was in race, ORTENSIA was only modest in Australia (no black caviar) but did beat SOLE POWER last time out very easy at 1st try over this 5f.  At the prices i would rather stick to the form book and go with ORTENSIA e/w 6/1. 3:45  POWER is the worthy fav here, but i will be backing DRAGON PULSE e/w,  finished 1/2l behind the fav in sep over 7f (staying on to late), and 1st try over the mile beat the highly regarded DABIRSIM. Ran a poor race last time but didn't settle at all.  If settles better should be the e/w option here at 14/1. 4:25  This looks very tricky as not alot to go on form wise, so a little guess work involded.  Going 7/2fav in field like this is criminal, so again looking at e/w alternatives. ENGLISHMAN 10/1  ran very green 1st time out (outpaced for most of race) but won niclely once knew his job, and OLYMPIC GLORY 25/1  won very easy 1st time out (on bridle) over same ground/distance as today.  trick race but those 2 e/w should be the value. 5:00  ELYAADI (bet of day for me), loves ASCOT (raced twice and 2nd on both occasions at ASCOT, inc this race 2 years ago off 4lb higher) and 2nd to SWINGKEEL of 5lb higher mark in last years Queens Alexandra, had a good prep run over 14f last time out, and well be very hard to beat this year 8/1. 5:35  Good Luck if betting in this race RECAP:  tricky races today (big fields)  but best bet for me is 5:00 ELYAADI 8/1 E/w. Good luck all if having a bet today.
    Posted by ms-tree