You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

ROYAL ASCOT: DAY 4

Keep trying to pick up a couple of good winners, and today will be no different lol.

2:30  with such a sort priced FAV in a big field i will pick 2 horses that will run well and hopefully upset the FAV (as i think is to short in price anyway). Also i dont know if anyone has picked this up about the FAV, no DAM reported on this horse (seems very strange to me).
Anyway the 2 i fancy at bigger prices are: THE GOLD CHEONGSAM and PREMIER STEPS.

THE GOLD CHEONGSAM ran a cracking race 1st time up to finished 3rd behind Mister Marc and Kimberalla. Was outpaced at start but make gaint strides before fading close home to finished 1l behind the winner (winner since came 2nd to DAWN APPROACH)

PREMIER STEPS ran 7th 1st time up in very hot looking maiden (Englishman,Smoothtalkinrascal,Cay Verde all in front of here there, but in same race beat Bungleinthejungle 4l) Bungleinthejungle then finished 4th behind HOTOTO at Ascot this week.  PREMIER STEPS won her last start here at Ascot by making on and winning readily. I think very overpriced this morning at 25/1 for great trainer of 2y.o's.

3:05  with ASTROLOGY being FAV (and short price too) i still think he had run of race in the DERBY to finish 3rd, also very hard to make all at Ascot. So i will oppose with NOBLE MISSON (full brother to the mighty FRANKEL), 2nd behind Thought Worthy last time but has 5lb pull today for nk beating, that was on firmer ground but will love this softer surface, looks like needs further then todays trip but cannot see a great run from this horse today.

3:45  how can SAMITAR be 9/2 when Homecoming Queen is the FAV.  SAMITAR beat the fav fair and square last time out by 7l of same weight as today. Although SAMITAR didn't run in the OAKS in which Homecoming Queen Won, that was 1st try this year at 8f, and on last years 8f form (2nd twice to LYRIC OF LIGHT) cannot fathom way big price is on offer here.

5:35  i'm going to go with a well handicapped horse in this race. ALANTIC SPORT.

ALANTIC SPORT has ran 5 times here at Ascot only winning his maiden race, but has ran in big field handicaps the other 4, 5th twice in big fields (off 6lb and 8lb  higher marks then today). Needed first run of season so ignore last run and will improve for it. 40/1 i think is oerpriced but only E/w or place only as seldom wins these big field races, will run well at price just hope to sneak place.

RECAP: 2:30 PREMIER STEPS 25/1  E/w
                   THE GOLD CHEONGSAM 10/1  E/W

3:05  NOBLE MISSION 9/2  WIN

3:45  SAMITAR 9/2  WIN

5:35  ATLANTIC SPORT 40/1  E/W

9x50p E/w Doubles
7x25p E/w Trebles
2x15p E/w 4 Folds

2:30 £1 E/w Singles
3:05 £5 Win
3:45 £5 Win
5:35 50p E/w 40/1 and TOTE

TOTAL: £26.80

gl all if having a bet, looks slightly easier today then has been all week (hope so anyway).

Comments

• Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2012

Post from last year , when it won at 14-1, will be on it again today 

Re: WORTH FOLLOWING

posted at 18/6/2011 10:39 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 9/2/2010
    Last: 22/6/2012

Mick Channon's Samitar may be worth keeping an eye, came from last to first in a fairlly good race