You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

LAPPY OR DESKTOP

byrdy89byrdy89 Member Posts: 30
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
what do you prefer laptop or desktop?? to play poker on

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    Don't have a laptop so it HAS to be desktop.  You missed the third option with Sky which is TV lol
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    i  prefer the  desktop
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    Desktop any day of the week ;)
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I can't afford a laptop, so it has to be a desk top for me.
    I have never tried to play via the TV
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    laptop,that way i can lie on the couch while i play XD
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2009
    If im lieing down on the couch i find I loose cocentration more so has to be desktop for me
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Lappy, as I don't own a desktop, but in all honesty, after my desktop retired itself a few years ago, I opted for a lappy. I bought the cheapest one I could find as I only use it for the email and poker anyway.

You should have seen the row I ended up having in P.C. world. The guy took me to a desk and was trying to sell me all sorts of add ons, when I told him no, he said that he would have to go to his supervisor to clear it.

So I told him that whilst he did so, I would be quietly leaving the shop without any sort of purchase, he soon came round to my way of thinking.

I have had 2 more since, mainly because i have had 2 burlgaries in a year and they took it both times. The one I currently have has got to go back to the manufacturers as well as one of the poblems is the power socket. It is pretty flimsy and if you trip over the lead, it ends up damaging the socket.

I now have to use it with the power lead gently balanced in the socket. A slight millimetre movement and it stops charging.

However, I read somewhere that 30% of the site use the T.V.

I can only assume that they are the occasional players as my phone bill would be disasterous.

I wouldn't be able to get my head around using the directional keys to raise or fold. The timer bar would be gone before I managed it.
  • Options
    paparonpaparon Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2009
    cant get used to the pad on laptop so its the desktop for me
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    If there is an entrepreneur out there I think I have the perfect idea for you........A non breakable laptop for when a poker player gets a bad beat:)
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    I find the desktop very cumbersome when I'm in the bath.
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    I have a desk top, but want a laptop, that way i can watch the box and play poker!

On the suject of PC world, when i bought my desk top, i wanted to pay cash, it took me 20 mins to do that as i was told..

"You dont want to do that Sir....HP...thats the best way"

"why i replied"

"You dont have to pay in one go he said"

"But i want to pay in one go...I dont want HP"

"Sir, everyone has HP these days"

"Oh..is that right, so i should have HP, then should I"

"Oh yes Sir, thats the best way to by anything these days"

"But i want to pay cash chap"

"No Sir, we cant ...you should really have HP"

By this time, i thought, ill milk this a bit longer !

"Ok i said ill have HP then"

"Thats the best way Sir"

He started to fill in the forms !....Now just b4 he asked me to sign them....I said...

Ok, now what discount do i get if i pay every installment in one go?  lol

"What"...he replied

"I want to pay every installment in one go...so how about a discount"

"You cant do that Sir"

"Ok i replied ....can we talk about cash then"

"Well ive just filled in all the form, and now you want to pay cash"

"I tell you what mate....I dont want to pay HP...or cash now...I want one free!

"Are you messing with me Sir"

"Nope...I now will only purchace one for free, can you do that?"

"Of course not, we cant go giving our stock away for free can we...I would be out of a job"

"In that case ...I dont want one anymore" Bye !

And left the shop!

In the words of that profit..."SIR ALAN PARTRIDGE" ...This county...LOL

• Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    lol mere novice

I am a lap top man.  Not because i particularly prefer it for playing poker, but because it is mobile and i can sneak it into work each day to read the forums and play the odd game.  Like many others, i do like to sit upright to play poker, as that helps me to get the cards i want on the flop.  And i hate the little touch pad mouse on the lap top.  I've lost count of the amount of times i've folded a great hand when i wanted to drag the cursor over to the raise button!
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi

Lol @ Vince, I have had to play through the TV a couple of times to to Internet connection issues, but the answer for me is neither (Tower :))
  • Options
    grimsbyr06grimsbyr06 Member Posts: 151
    edited November 2009
    JUST WROTE A LONG POST AND LOST CONNECTION ,LOL THATS A PROBLEM WITH THE LAPPY, BUT U CAN SIT ON THE COUCH N WATCH THE FOOTY ,WHICH I LIKE ,BUT THE MOUSE IS SENSETIVE TILL U GET USED TO IT , IVE GONE IN ON A LARGE BET WHEN MEANT TO FOLD, THE DESKTOP IS SOUND BUT MINE IS N TE DINEING ROOM SO OUT THE WAY ALLRIGHT WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS , NO DISTRACTIONS , BUT THEN U GET , YOU MAY ASWELL LIVE IN THERE THATS ALL YOU DO, NO NEED TO SAY WHO OFF, BUT I GUESS ITS THE LAPPY FOR ME .
  • Options
    ness4ness4 Member Posts: 388
    edited November 2009
    Laptop... I can take it with me around the house when i'm dying for a tea or pee (one hand for each task ha) whilst playing in a tournament!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: LAPPY OR DESKTOP:
    lol mere novice I am a lap top man.  Not because i particularly prefer it for playing poker, but because it is mobile and i can sneak it into work each day to read the forums and play the odd game.  Like many others, i do like to sit upright to play poker, as that helps me to get the cards i want on the flop.  And i hate the little touch pad mouse on the lap top.  I've lost count of the amount of times i've folded a great hand when i wanted to drag the cursor over to the raise button!
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Very good point....ill think about that when i decide to get one ...thats the most frustrating thing! Ive even done that with a mouse b4! Which cost me anot 10 quid as i threw it at the wall in disgust ....lol
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Laptop... I can take it with me around the house when i'm dying for a tea or pee (one hand for each task ha) whilst playing in a tournament!
    Posted by ness4
    lol...oh and change ya screen name to "Naughtyness"  God you look naughty !
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited November 2009
    you can use a mouse on a laptop guys...
    best of both worlds :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    you can use a mouse on a laptop guys... best of both worlds :)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Brill, thats what i will do then! as im so damm clumsey anyway ...lol
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    DESKTOP, ive been using a laptop lately, no mouse and the stupid wireless connection goes down and make you miss hands.