You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

typical skypoker

SHENNY75SHENNY75 Member Posts: 18
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
alately no matter how i play hands i get riverd, just gone all in on a mtt i had pocket jacks got 2 callers both had ace queen surprise surprise they hit there ace, i know this happens but it seems to happen alot on skypoker, am starting to think does sky just want games over as quickly as possible, alot of my mates dont trust online poker and a think am starting to think the same

Comments

• Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    WHAT - ACE QUEEN beats JACKS shocker - coin flip 50/50! 
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Give anyone 10-1 this will be in area 51 by 9am.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i know but its everytime i shove no matter if i have aces they seem to hit
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    In Response to typical skypoker:
    alately no matter how i play hands i get riverd, just gone all in on a mtt i had pocket jacks got 2 callers both had ace queen surprise surprise they hit there ace, i know this happens but it seems to happen alot on skypoker, am starting to think does sky just want games over as quickly as possible, alot of my mates dont trust online poker and a think am starting to think the same
    Posted by SHENNY75
    Beleive it or not your actually wrong.

For one every hand is random!

And for 2 i've been rivered so sickly about 3 times as much than Sky Poker on Full Tilt.
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2009
    random? lol
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Try not committing so much, remember every pre flop hand is easily beatable.  It aint Sky or online it happens as much live as well specially in the rebuy stages.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    darich 2 players had ace queen so theres only 3 queens and 3 aces left and an ace comes ad say am more than 50% to win pre flop
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i know it happens live cos i play alot but it dont seem to happen as much live than it does on here
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    Shenny its called poker

end of...

• Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: typical skypoker:
    darich 2 players had ace queen so theres only 3 queens and 3 aces left and an ace comes ad say am more than 50% to win pre flop
    Posted by SHENNY75
    only two Q and two A's remain...hope this cheers you up...
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2009
    start to worry more when you are all-in with KK and 4 people call with rag A and still an A comes on the flop  
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    Posted by SHENNY75
    hi
    I may be being a bit dumb here but if both opponents had AQ, then there are only 2 aces and 2 queens to come, so the odds on them hitting are reduced, making you favourite pre flop, i think 60/40 but i may be wrong.
    col
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited November 2009

"alot of my mates dont trust online poker and a think am starting to think the same" posted by SHENNY75

Translation: A lot of my mates don't know how to play online poker and I'm now starting to realise I can't either.
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Shenny its called poker end of...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    very helpful
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    lol i cant count yeah 2 aces and 2 queens left. you a pro then jinglema what would you do wi jacks pre flop
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    If u had been the guy with AQ u'd have been wishing an A or Q to come. It's poker and it happens. Brush yourself off and move on.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited November 2009

Hi Shenny, no I'm most certainly not, however I'm willing to bet you my bankroll that playing on Sky is FAR safer and more reliable than playing live.

Also, the dynamics of playing live and online are completely different. I also know some players who don't "trust" online poker. They just can't adjust their play or outlook to suit online play. Until they do, they'll keep crying "fix".

Best of luck in your future play.
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    money went in when the hands were at 50/50

you lost a coinflip, doesnt matter where the ace comes, if the moneys all in then it doesnt matter where the ace comes

• Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2009
    In Response to typical skypoker:
    Posted by SHENNY75
    The odds of you losing in that exact sitaution are 35%.

In other words you will lose 1 in 3 times this occurs.

This has nothing to do with sky poker being rigged.

It is just simple maths.

• Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Yes I know in this scenario there are only 2 aces and queens to come but my point is, what some people think are horrendous beats are 30% to happen - one player referred to it as a miracle the other day - not quite up there with turning water into wine in my opinion ;-)