You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT FINAL DIRECT BUY IN?

the_gibbthe_gibb Member Posts: 105
edited August 2012 in The Sky Poker Tour

Will we be able to buy in direct? (as i cba to play any satts lol)

Sensible answers required !

Gibbo

Comments

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited July 2012
    Direct buy-in is available to Priority Club members, may also open if there's seats still left closer to the tournament.
  • Options
    Sky_SamSky_Sam Member Posts: 738
    edited July 2012
    Nothing for the time being, Gibbo.

This *might* change nearer the time.

Thanks.
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited July 2012
    At the mo 2 seats a day through semi so why not open to direct buy-in now?  Or let us know when direct buy-in will be open?
  • Options
    TRIP5TRIP5 Member Posts: 3,618
    edited July 2012
    Better still.. why not introduce a three tier 1 in 5 satellite qualification process as per the recurring threads in GPC??

1 in 10 is just daft with 250 seats to fill.. plus it's spoiling peoples enjoyment of the qualification process.. Vegas is fine for 1 in 10 but the SPT final?? really???

Please can this be looked at?

xx
  • Options
    67Bhoys67Bhoys Member Posts: 2,553
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: SPT FINAL DIRECT BUY IN?:
    Better still.. why not introduce a three tier 1 in 5 satellite qualification process as per the recurring threads in GPC?? 1 in 10 is just daft with 250 seats to fill.. plus it's spoiling peoples enjoyment of the qualification process.. Vegas is fine for 1 in 10 but the SPT final?? really??? Please can this be looked at? xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    +1 again, looks like with the numbers going through each day, that there will be direct buy ins.

1 in 5 structure please.
  • Options
    pr1nnyraidpr1nnyraid Member Posts: 495
    edited July 2012
    Better still.. why not introduce a three tier 1 in 5 satellite qualification process as per the recurring threads in GPC?? 1 in 10 is just daft with 250 seats to fill.. plus it's spoiling peoples enjoyment of the qualification process.. Vegas is fine for 1 in 10 but the SPT final?? really??? Please can this be looked at? xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Agreed.. wouldn't mind a justification if they aren't going to offer 1 in 5 as it the point has been raised so many times and not yet acknowledged by sky.

Trying to run a tournament where the only means of qualifying is to win a 1 in 10 satellite is ridiculous.. Direct buy in or 1 in 5 is essential.
  • Options
    5toneFace5toneFace Member Posts: 246
    edited July 2012
    Your in Priority? You can direct buyin?
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: SPT FINAL DIRECT BUY IN? : Agreed.. wouldn't mind a justification if they aren't going to offer 1 in 5 as it the point has been raised so many times and not yet acknowledged by sky. Trying to run a tournament where the only means of qualifying is to win a 1 in 10 satellite is ridiculous.. Direct buy in or 1 in 5 is essential.
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    Sky have a habit of not replying to any suggestion they have no intention of taking up. Not even with a no sorry we won't do that. As the DTD thread a few months back asking for TV coverage was totally ignored by Sky while they continually posted on other threads.
  • Options
    SPTSPT Member Posts: 5,648
    edited July 2012
    I have been offline for a week

I'll put the sats suggestion to the management and see what they say.
  • Options
    67Bhoys67Bhoys Member Posts: 2,553
    edited July 2012
    I have been offline for a week I'll put the sats suggestion to the management and see what they say.
    Posted by SPT
    Many thanks
  • Options
    kirbsuk83kirbsuk83 Member Posts: 319
    edited July 2012
    I have been offline for a week I'll put the sats suggestion to the management and see what they say.
    Posted by SPT
    Looking forward to the response from management :-)
  • Options
    SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
    edited July 2012

3 tier 1 in 5's does look much better:

level 1 £2.88
    level 2 £14.40
    level 3 £72.00

Sky would not lose out on money doing it this way,l seems sensible to me.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    I've given up far too difficult/expensive - not paying any more rake for 1 in tens.  Will wait for the direct buy-in to open or won't be going
  • Options
    kirbsuk83kirbsuk83 Member Posts: 319
    edited July 2012
    Any news on this?

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Silence is um silence apparently
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Am chasing, will do so again on Monday and get an answer either way
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited July 2012
    Ill play 1 in 5 with that structure. Looks much better and i imagine itll fill the final quicker
  • Options
    SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
    edited July 2012
    I've given up far too difficult/expensive - not paying any more rake for 1 in tens.  Will wait for the direct buy-in to open or won't be going
    Posted by SoLack
    ^^ This ^^
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited July 2012
    There are 42 days between now and 5th September

There are currently 60 people registered... assuming you get 2 seats every single night (which isn't happening) that's an extra 84 runners which takes it up to 144 runners for a 250 runner event...

Say you take that up to 160 runners to take into account various celeb invites etc that Sky give, that still falls 90 runners short of the cap which is obviously pretty terrible.

You can draw 2 conclusions from this... 1) Direct buy-ins WILL happen... 2) A better satellite structure is needed.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Direct buy in for £330 opens today in the Sky Poker Tournament lobby