You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

FREEROLL CHANGES

EDKENT123EDKENT123 Member Posts: 416
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
How about running a few different freerolls tourni's

rather than £250 or £500 prize funds, how about giving entry into some of the bigger tourni's as prizes

not sure how everyone feels on that, what you reckon????????????

Comments

• Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    I'd be up for that as bankroll does not allow me to blow it on 1 tourney. Sounds like a plan ;)
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    anything i can do with my poker points would be a well liked alteration. i would rather have 45 seats to the open rather than a £500 prize fund paying down to 200 for 26p
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Or they could run sats that allow you to spend your points to gain entry into the big ones??

Or run some freerolls where the prizes are sky merchandise (poker chips etc)

Or the winner gets to go the studio and play live games while the presenters do their thing

If there are a few backers im sure they might agree

Tikay - Sky rich, what u reckon?????????
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey,

this is an interesting thought. you may have noticed that we have actually already had a freeroll where the top placed were awarded free entry into a 'bigger' tournament.

we are always trying to keep things fresh, new and exciting so look out for more of these in the future.

as always, any news will be announced in the forum.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    never noticed that one, when was it???
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    great  idea edkent123    dont  y  i  did  not  think  of  that myself  lol
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: FREEROLL CHANGES:
    hey, this is an interesting thought. you may have noticed that we have actually already had a freeroll where the top placed were awarded free entry into a 'bigger' tournament. we are always trying to keep things fresh, new and exciting so look out for more of these in the future. as always, any news will be announced in the forum.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich

Are there plans for another?

On a slightly different topic the "NUTS FREEROLL". I know its still 12 days away but is there any info on how to qualify? 

Cheers
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    Great idea, i've cashed in five freeroll's in the last two week's, won about £6 in total, which is ok and good fun. But a bit of variety would be better, maybe big tournament entry or merchandise like suggested above. Playing in a freeroll for two hour's the winning 16p can be good fun, but a bit disheartening .
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited November 2009
    hey, this is an interesting thought. you may have noticed that we have actually already had a freeroll where the top placed were awarded free entry into a 'bigger' tournament. we are always trying to keep things fresh, new and exciting so look out for more of these in the future. as always, any news will be announced in the forum.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi Rich, like Ed I never noticed this unless you're talking about the one a few weeks ago where there were 2 runners
  • Options
    brookbridbrookbrid Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2009
    You will have a beard down to your knees, by the time it gets thru Sky Towers.

Dont hold your breath, for gods sake. 
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    yeh, i think they should change the freerols some how, im sick of winnin 17p.
  • Options
    ewee71ewee71 Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2009
    yes i agree what a thought out plan what a good idea so why not use ur points so example  instead of 100 pts for a 500 quid freeroll u have an option to use for example 350 - 400 pts for a major tourney but still give people the option to still play the 100 quid freerolls if they like so theres something foreveryones taste
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey guys,

in answer to a few of the questions on this thread...

the freeroll took place a month or so ago and was an addition to the feeback freeroll. 43 runners participated with the top 4 winning free entry into a flagship tournament.

the nuts freeroll is invite only. so unfortunately if you haven't had the invite you will be unable to play.

i hope this info helps,

Rich
  • Options
    NICONNICON Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2009
    Rich, where do the people who are doing the inviting get names from? Is this Nuts magazine, Nuts Poker League, Do we have to apply to someone to get on the invite list? Surley whoever is organising this freeroll they are ding it for some form of customer? If this is an incentive of some kind then i can't understand why the terms are secret?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Hi NICON, normally these type of freerolls are for new customers, you become a "new customer" through which ever company is mentioned and as part of the incentive you get entry into a "new customer" freeroll, if i'm wrong im sure rich will correct me, if not hope this helps!

n Response to Re: FREEROLL CHANGES:
    Rich, where do the people who are doing the inviting get names from? Is this Nuts magazine, Nuts Poker League, Do we have to apply to someone to get on the invite list? Surley whoever is organising this freeroll they are ding it for some form of customer? If this is an incentive of some kind then i can't understand why the terms are secret?
    Posted by NICON
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    Hi NICON, normally these type of freerolls are for new customers, you become a "new customer" through which ever company is mentioned and as part of the incentive you get entry into a "new customer" freeroll, if i'm wrong im sure rich will correct me, if not hope this helps! n Response to Re: FREEROLL CHANGES :
    Posted by EDKENT123
    Nicon is absolutely right.
    If the freeroll is supposed to be an incentive to subscribe to a magazine (or whatever) then it is counter-productive to keep the terms of qualification secret. The issue here is that no-one knows what they need to do to qualify which must be contrary to the promoter's wishes.
    This is entirely different to divulging a password.
  • Options
    kb245kb245 Member Posts: 435
    edited November 2009
    In Response to FREEROLL CHANGES:
    How about running a few different freerolls tourni's rather than £250 or £500 prize funds, how about giving entry into some of the bigger tourni's as prizes not sure how everyone feels on that, what you reckon????????????
    Posted by EDKENT123
    are u for real or what!!the previous night you pull me down for talking about changes to freerolls!then the next day you start your own thread about changing freerolls!!whats this double standards!!
  • Options
    thompson10thompson10 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2009
    ya i think sky should start new freeroll settings....

had a few good winning in the frerolls
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    SMALLER FIELDS AND /ORMORE PRIZE MONEY OTHERWISE JUST A WASTE OF TIME!LIMIT TO FIRST COME FURST SERVED AND WHY NO AFTERNOON FREEEROLLL ANYMORE???

that was the comment regarding above
  • Options
    SirFrankSirFrank Member Posts: 197
    edited November 2009
    AS LONG AS THEY ARE FREE......CHARGING ANYTHING...EVEN IF IT POTATOES...THATS NOT FREE...IM FREE..AS IN FREE!