You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Restricting the length of the "Location" field

FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
edited September 2012 in Community Suggestions
While playing the DTD tonight, I came up against a player who had a very long and meaningless "Location" field.

The upshot of this was, when in a hand, I hovered over his/her name and it should show me his/her total stack, like it does on every other player. However, all I could see against this player was the last three characters of their "Location" field, putting me at a minor disadvantage. This is not a bad beat story or sour grapes, I folded and was eliminated pretty quickly fair and square by another player on the table.

Can Sky please restrict the length of this field so it doesn't go on to two lines, even better would be to force it to be the player's proper location instead of a "team name" or something else but I am 99% sure that won't happen.

This has happened before with a different player, I asked nicely in the chat box and was ignored and a request to customer care had no real effect either, so I'm posting it here as a suggestion.

Comments

• Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited July 2012
    This was being talked about a few months back but i've not seen it mentioned since.

It would be good as it's annoying when you can't see the stacks.

If you switch to mini view you can see the stack sizes though as there's no location listed.

• Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited July 2012

If you do spot this, please do PM us their alias and we will sort it.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2012
    The worst one is when they put a random number in the location field like 31480, so you think that's their stack... seen this a few times, but not for a while!

Tbh, im not sure the location field should be allowed to be manipulated in anyway... maybe in future "team" avatars should be allowed to be selected?, but your location will always be where u live, or blank.

• Options
    TPTP123TPTP123 Member Posts: 492
    edited August 2012
    Surely there must be some restrictions in place to validate infomration like this or other security checks?

Worries me slightly that anyone can play on the site and put incorrect information on their accounts, etc for obv reasons
  • Options
    Die_hardDie_hard Member Posts: 338
    edited August 2012
    Seen quite a few locations names lately that are there obviously just so the oppo can't see their stack, I say obviously as there's a few regs that do it......
  • Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Restricting the length of the "Location" field:
    Surely there must be some restrictions in place to validate infomration like this or other security checks? Worries me slightly that anyone can play on the site and put incorrect information on their accounts, etc for obv reasons
    Posted by TPTP123
    This is certainly not the case.

People are verified on registration.

Again, if you do spot any of these, do let us know.
  • Options
    BarlickerBarlicker Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2012

I have been playing quite a few DYM tables recently and there are players who have locations so long that it clears out their chip count  .  typical location may be "   XXXXXX  such and such team legends  etc "  .

While we are talking locations , could it be made possible to search for players by "location" field ?  There are a few people playing on SKY who live in my area . It would be nice to link up with them .  Just an idea .
  • Options
    SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
    edited September 2012
    I think it would be a shame if people were stopped from displaying there team name in this way.  The teams are a great part of the Sky Poker community and alot of us are proud to display our team names.

If it is causing a real problem, would it be possible to display team membership in a different way?  Either via Avatars or a seperate entry in account information?
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited September 2012
    I think it would be a shame if people were stopped from displaying there team name in this way.  The teams are a great part of the Sky Poker community and alot of us are proud to display our team names.
    And equally a lot of people couldn't really give a monkeys what team you are in. I think dedicated avatar idea is the best as putting this information in the Location field is a bit of a mess at best.