You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL

TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
seen a couple of these kinds of threads in recent days ,i would just like to make it crystal clear to anyone who plays on the same table as me ,im multi tableing ,SOME TIMES IM A BIT SLOWER THAN MOST,ive got no reason to slow roll people i dont even know ,what purpose does it serve me to do that ????????,thats the 2nd time this week ive been accused of it ,its got my back up tonight ,and ive just crashed out of a tourny i was going well in ,because of it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IM MULTI TABLELING ...........NOT SLOWROLLING ......... my apologies to any1 who thinks i have ,but i hope my explanation is good enough .......goodnight ten

Comments

• Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009
    now you've put it in bold i believe you lol
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited November 2009
    fair play tenofspade!! not that you need to explain yourself ;)
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    hi tenofspade

I think there are plenty of people on here who know you are a regular contributor on the forum, and have played with you. These people for the most part will know that you would not intentionally slow-roll mate...
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    I stand by the fact that it is impossible to slow-roll online.

This is a poor source so i apologise for this, but even the first result in the urban dictionary shows otherwise.

----------------
    Slowroll:
    When someone leads you to believe that you have won a hand in poker, but then turns over a very strong hand.

"I was offended at the way Brad slowrolled me," Jim said.
    "What did he do, exactly?" Joe said.
    "At the showdown when I turned over my cards, he didn't turns his up after seeing my hand. While I was collecting the chips, he turned over the nuts."
    ----------------

Why is this impossible online?
    Showdowns happen automatically. If you "call" slowly, it doesn't matter, you havent made the call yet, this could be considered "decision time", whether u have the nuts or not. This is just a side effect of multitabling, sipping a drink, answering the phone, talking to someone, browsing the interwebs, latency/network problems.

Anyone who accuses you of slowrolling them? Tell them to stick it and deal with it - politely.
  • Options
    thompson10thompson10 Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    In your details box, where if you hover over it and it gives where you are from, Put a little note in to say sometimes you multitable and if you are slow in calling this is why.

I know someone else who does it.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    Deadluck is right, you can't slowroll people online, it's a live thing that is basically a lack of respect where you want to get someones hoeps up and dash them at the last moment. It sometimes put's people on tilt and makes them drop a ton of cash but you just can not do this online. If your take a while to call then that is not a slow roll.
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited November 2009
    hi tenofspades,whilst i totally believe you,even if you were trying to mess with people so what? anyone can play anyway they wish to.once youve paid your entry or put cash onto a table you or anyone can do whatever they wish
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    You can slowroll people online. (not saying you did) if you are put all in (or other player is all in) and you are the least player to act. dwelling right up until the timer is above to run down and then call with the nuts. Thats slowrolling online
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL:
    You can slowroll people online. (not saying you did) if you are put all in (or other player is all in) and you are the least player to act. dwelling right up until the timer is above to run down and then call with the nuts. Thats slowrolling online
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Thats a slow call and does not give the impression that the all in player has won or lost, merely that either you have a slow PC, Sky is lagging again or you have a decision to make. You may be double checking your hand because your not used to seeing the nuts lol

Slowroll is giving the impression the other player has won and dashing his hopes, taking a long time to call does not do that and therefore i don't see how it is slowrolling, some people may call it that on here but it's not an online term i see bounced around a lot of the other sites i play
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2009
    Deadluck is right, you can't slowroll people online, it's a live thing that is basically a lack of respect where you want to get someones hoeps up and dash them at the last moment. It sometimes put's people on tilt and makes them drop a ton of cash but you just can not do this online. If your take a while to call then that is not a slow roll.
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    Ridiculous you stating that u can't slowroll people online... of course u can... ive had it done loads to me before... people's actions are normally consistent and all of a sudden, the timer is going down and they roll the nuts after ur waiting for a call... considering there play has been pretty standard and within the timer...when this happens to you which it will.. i will look forward to your post.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL : Ridiculous you stating that u can't slowroll people online... of course u can... ive had it done loads to me before... people's actions are normally consistent and all of a sudden, the timer is going down and they roll the nuts after ur waiting for a call... considering there play has been pretty standard and within the timer...when this happens to you which it will.. i will look forward to your post.
    Posted by jimbo31
    slow rolling is giving you the impression you have won, why would you assume you had won because you were waiting for the call?

People have already dwelt up on there calls on me and this doesn't bother me. For those it does bother i suggest trying less stressfull hobbies as there are far worse things in the world than waiting 15 seconds while someone makes their decision. T

here could be a huge amount of reasons for the call taking time, as stated in my previous post. they could have a decision to make, they may be double checking their holding (i know i've had to do this with nut flushes to make sure the str8 flush wasn't on etc) or they could just have computer problems which happens to me on a regular basis. Sky itself runs slow at some points and may not be allowing them to make the call. Uless they say it in the chat box that they have slowrolled you (as you put it) then this is nothing more than your assumption of what has happened
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited November 2009
    ACESOVER8s is absolutely correct - it's impossible to slow roll online.

Taking your time before making a call is doing what you should be doing - thinking about your decision.

Deliberately taking your time to show your winning hand at showdown is slow rolling and can only happen in a live game because pocket cards are automatically revealed at showdown in the online game.

All the best
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    ACESOVER8s is absolutely correct - it's impossible to slow roll online. Taking your time before making a call is doing what you should be doing - thinking about your decision. Deliberately taking your time to show your winning hand at showdown is slow rolling and can only happen in a live game because pocket cards are automatically revealed at showdown in the online game . All the best
    Posted by Sherlock
    I think that we're just getting bogged down in semantics here.

Most people would agree that typing "mmmmmmmmmmmm" in the chatbox before calling with the nuts heads-up on the river is "slow rolling". It may not meet the precise definition that has been quoted above but it does fall well within the boundaries of what most players (live or online) would term slow rolling. Many people would define "slow rolling" as taking longer than necessary to make any obvious call. This might include taking time to call a very small aipf with AA in the bb.

It doesn't bother me at all, personally, but many people deem it to be disrespectful.
  • Options
    SherlockSherlock Member Posts: 109
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL : I think that we're just getting bogged down in semantics here. Most people would agreethat typing "mmmmmmmmmmmm" in the chatbox before calling with the nuts heads-up on the river is "slow rolling". It may not meet the precise definition that has been quoted above but it does fall well within the boundaries of what most players (live or online) would term slow rolling. Many peoplewould define "slow rolling" as taking longer than necessary to make any obvious call. This might include taking time to call a very small aipf with AA in the bb. It doesn't bother me at all, personally, but many people deem it to be disrespectful.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Because most people might agree on something doesn't make it correct.

However I do agree we have entered the realm of semantics.

All the best
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    Most people would agree that typing "mmmmmmmmmmmm" in the chatbox before calling with the nuts heads-up on the river is "slow rolling". It may not meet the precise definition that has been quoted above but it does fall well within the boundaries of what most players (live or online) would term slow rolling. Many people would define "slow rolling" as taking longer than necessary to make any obvious call. This might include taking time to call a very small aipf with AA in the bb.

this ^^
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: SLOW ROOOOOLLLLLLLLLL : slow rolling is giving you the impression you have won, why would you assume you had won because you were waiting for the call? People have already dwelt up on there calls on me and this doesn't bother me. For those it does bother i suggest trying less stressfull hobbies as there are far worse things in the world than waiting 15 seconds while someone makes their decision. T here could be a huge amount of reasons for the call taking time, as stated in my previous post. they could have a decision to make, they may be double checking their holding (i know i've had to do this with nut flushes to make sure the str8 flush wasn't on etc) or they could just have computer problems which happens to me on a regular basis. Sky itself runs slow at some points and may not be allowing them to make the call. Uless they say it in the chat box that they have slowrolled you (as you put it) then this is nothing more than your assumption of what has happened
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    This.
  • Options
    borobabe09borobabe09 Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2009
    That what i love about this forum, learning new poker terms all the time, thank you TENOFSPADES i had not herd that term before.
    amanda xx
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    The sad fact is some ppl DO deliberately run down their timer and then show the nuts to irritate other players.  Doesnt bother me one bit, and prob wouldnt even notice half the time as I also multitable.

In defence of tenofspade, multitabling does lead to the appearance of a slowroll when the timer runs down.

Sky poker runs so slow sometimes when multitabling that my timer actually starts half to three quarters timed out.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009
    That what i love about this forum, learning new poker terms all the time, thank you TENOFSPADES i had not herd that term before. amanda xx
    Posted by borobabe09
    Next up - coffee-housing.