You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Thanks Tikay

TramshedTramshed Member Posts: 40
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
hi tikay, thought i would post this to say thanks. Joined sky poker some time ago and after throwing good money after bad took a long break from poker. Had some time on my hands recently so came back, tried playing much tighter as you suggest and in the last week or so have made quite a few final tables, won £45 in one tourney too! Just finished a tourney and as it started put on poker channel in the background and there you were giving advice about position and aggression, so started playing as you were advising and soon had doubled up (ok some luck too) made the final table and cashed for £10 (3rd) Enjoying my poker much more these days, thanks :)

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009

Delighted to hear that, Mr or Mrs Tramshed.

May I enquire as to why you are called "Tramshed"? Very interesting things, Trams.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Mr Tramshed Tikay, when i signed up to sky poker was having troble thinking of a username. Then i saw Norman pace was a presenter, i used to go to the woolwich tramshed many years ago to see him and gareth perform before they "made it big"

By the way any advice on how to curb the desire to see all the flops, especially after you fold 7/3 and would have flopped a full house!!! try to tell myself a good hand will be along soon but still get involved in too many.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Ahh, not Female. And not a real Tram Shed then. Sigh.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It used to be a real tramshed years ago! Keep looking Tikay your ideal boiler is out there somewhere!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Thanks Tikay:
    Mr Tramshed Tikay, when i signed up to sky poker was having troble thinking of a username. Then i saw Norman pace was a presenter, i used to go to the woolwich tramshed many years ago to see him and gareth perform before they "made it big" By the way any advice on how to curb the desire to see all the flops, especially after you fold 7/3 and would have flopped a full house!!! try to tell myself a good hand will be along soon but still get involved in too many.
    Posted by Tramshed
    You fold a bad hand & then see it would have won? Just forget t. If you see every flop in the "hope you might hit", then Bingo would be a more suitable game, because thats how Bingo works - you "hope to hit".

You get involved in too many hands? Just tell yourself that the greatest single cause of losing money in Poker is seeing too many hands.

In Monday's £22 Deepie, one well-known station doubled up at the very start, to 10,000 chips, at Blinds of 10 - 20. And was out before the end of Level Two. Why? Because...

a) He saw EVERY Flop.

b) He tried to bluff almost every hand.

He'll ALWAYS lose money at Poker.

In last night's £22 Deepie, I played FOUR hands in the first three hours. And won it. And a guy who's VPIP was about 90%, & who was even limping at 1,000 - 2,000 (which is simply horrific, it's like setting fire to £ notes) called me "lucky".

Play less hands. Bluff very sparingly. Lose less, maybe even win more.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It used to be a real tramshed years ago! Keep looking Tikay your ideal boiler is out there somewhere!!
    Posted by Tramshed
    Wonderful memories.

Woolwich Tramshed.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    thanks tikay, will try to bear it in mind on the tables. Woolwich tramshed was a great place
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    thanks tikay, will try to bear it in mind on the tables. Woolwich tramshed was a great place
    Posted by Tramshed
    Yes - when it had Trams. ;)