You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The Good Old Days?

bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
 I'm only saying it as I see it, no grey areas just black and white !!
Sky  'mod's'  can we please get  blogs  on "Sky Vegas  " and "Sky Bingo"   as well as Sky Dale's Skybet one..? (joke)  
It's all so interesting what Sky Dale has to say ? (on a poker forum, oh really) 
 Also maybe James Hartigan can be persuaded to take over the Bingo callers job, he'd be good at that !! As a film critic and interviewer he's good,  as a poker analyst I dont think so !!

Please come back Michelle and Compo, the TV show is going down faster than  ~~it off a shovel !!

All the wonderful changes supposed to be coming to SKPOKER since when  ....
 "well before the old king died".?
All I'm seeing is a downward spiral,  I don't know if it's the producers or the suite's or more probably  cut-backs because of the recession , but it's showing  like a lantern going out in the night !!

Bring back 'the good old days',  the banter between Richard Orford and Michelle and I miss Sir Barraclough (star)

chat and forum ban coming  for  benny  ( doh) 
(this post will be disintegrated by mods )   5 4 3 2 1 

Comments

• Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    yeah,where is michelle anyway?

personally,i cant wait for these "changes" to come into effect.Everyone from sky seems very positive about them and hopefully they will improve the site.I dont think the site is going down hill,i think the forum alone has improved it dramatically!And there are plenty of fresh new tourneys to get your teeth into and the new "master cash" thing looks to be a great edition.

at the moment,i am happy to be part of the sky poker communtiy :)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Good Old Days?:
    yeah,where is michelle anyway? personally,i cant wait for these "changes" to come into effect.Everyone from sky seems very positive about them and hopefully they will improve the site.I dont think the site is going down hill,i think the forum alone has improved it dramatically!And there are plenty of fresh new tourneys to get your teeth into and the new "master cash" thing looks to be a great edition. at the moment,i am happy to be part of the sky poker communtiy :)
    Posted by namesb0nd
    Hi

Michelle is now presenting the EPT :)
  • Options
    TorryladdTorryladd Member Posts: 503
    edited November 2009
    Only been here since Jan and used to luv watching 865 but never look at it now, mainly due to the change in who's in front of camera and every time I switch on its primo repeat, such a shame as sky have this market sown up.

Change sometimes isnt in the interest of the mass in the short term but we have got to trust them.  If they are tightening their belts its for our long term good.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi all

tuned in to the channel last night and found that it was a repeat of the bounty hunter from the previous thursday.  Must admit, i was a bit disappointed as i thought there'd be live coverage of the main tournaments every night.

I think one of the problems is that the channel is basically designed to promote and attract new players to the tables on sky poker, while a lot of viewers are tuning in to be educated and entertained.  the two dont fit together too well.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Used to love watching channel 865 before it was turned off in Northern Ireland - yes i know we can get it online but it aint the same. The thing i liked most was 9pm every night was a live show, right down to the winner, now it seems to be repeats after repeats. Its getting like that channel 166 that shows cash poker on a weekend, the same 5 or 6 shows, over and over again for months, i could play the hands by now lol. One more point though, i dont think its fair to blame the presenters, it horses for courses, some you like some you dont, i quite like the current crop personally
  • Options
    big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
    edited November 2009

The channel certainly has gone down hill but when sky do a new show like master cash on sat ,it was a good informative show and i think it worked very well. But these repeats have been on for far to long now and surely sky could come out and say what they are working on.

The presenter are doing a good job for the little time we see them live now, byt where is Lisa-Marie not seen here at all i dont think. Such a shame lol

• Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    Ahh the good old days when Hi-De-Hi and Terry n June seemed funny
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    wheres    noman   pace   gone  not  seen  him  foe  ages
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    I have to admit disappointment at the TV schedule too,  I know the channel is an extra to this excellent site but its the reason that I and I expect a lot of others started using SkyPoker.  We used to get a nightly game that was always shown live plus regular weekly shows now we get maybe 3 live shows a week which are repeated over and over again.  As others have said we hear a LOT about the new exciting schedule, well how about actually STARTING it or at least tell us WHEN its coming, but I know all we will get is the usual "We cant tell you when"

Even the adverts for the show are STILL showing the old presenters, saw Michelle yesterday and thought she was back on the show.
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    I concur. Two many repeats on Sky Poker. There are enough games on so there is no need for so many repeats. Run some more of the poker school shows and if they don't want to screen the same tournaments every day, then vary it up with some of the different smaller tournaments. It would be interesting to see the difference in play.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    I miss the club...........

Very expensive but the nightly show when it first started with £11 Open shown every night worked best.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    yeah i gotta agree with what most are saying,repeats are very tedious.at the least i think they could record some other tournys and show these instead. 
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    I miss the club........... Very expensive but the nightly show when it first started with £11 Open shown every night worked best.
    Posted by phil12uk
    have to agree, this was my fav time. (but i'm probably a bit biased as i can't stand the bounty hunters)

Unfortunatly all these things require a revenue. We have to accept just how expensive these shows are (orfords £9.50 a week is already a drain on profits) and see that they can only do what makes financial sense i'm afraid
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited November 2009
    id say personally i think Sky should make some good investments. Have a number of differnt tournament nights, and schedule a live show covering 7 differnt types over 7 days. I know the Information channel or at night the European poker channel shows a lot of differnt types of online games and a lot of people will suck over to this channel taking sky poker channel 865 down hill.

Sky its time to up the ante again.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    I thought this was going to be a nice thread about fancy costumes and singing ''roll out the barrell'' where Tikay and myself could reminisce.

Misrepresentation Benny :o)
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited November 2009
    i can understand cutbacks of live shows in the current climate

however why do the promos still feature presenters/pundits who no longer work for the channel? is this just a case of laziness?

why dont as suggested above just play out the final few tables from different tournaments with no analysis, give the players enough credit now to be able to read a game themselves.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    i can understand cutbacks of live shows in the current climate however why do the promos still feature presenters/pundits who no longer work for the channel? is this just a case of laziness? why dont as suggested above just play out the final few tables from different tournaments with no analysis, give the players enough credit now to be able to read a game themselves.
    Posted by barnsie
    Have you ever watched the poker heaven ones they show doing that? a computer voice going FOLD, FOLD , FOLD, CHECK, BET, RAISE, FOLD lol my god it's like watching paint dry lol
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    7 live shows a week - a velocity every Tuesday. Chamberlain, Musselle, Sambrook, Berry, Smith, Pace, Scott etc etc etc.

Two live guests every night.

Clearly it couldn't go on in the current economic climate, but do agree they ought to be honest, rather than making out it's better now and improvements coming 
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: The Good Old Days? : Have you ever watched the poker heaven ones they show doing that? a computer voice going FOLD, FOLD , FOLD, CHECK, BET, RAISE, FOLD lol my god it's like watching paint dry lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    But what a sexy voice lol
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009
    7 live shows a week - a velocity every Tuesday. Chamberlain, Musselle, Sambrook, Berry, Smith, Pace, Scott etc etc etc. Two live guests every night. Clearly it couldn't go on in the current economic climate, but do agree they ought to be honest, rather than making out it's better now and improvements coming 
    Posted by darich
    Eh?

Who has been dishonest, please?