You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Daily Free-rolls Basics?

Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
edited June 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi, I'm very new to all this but understand general tournament play from the T.V channel, what I want to know is what starting stack do u have, what are the starting blinds, how often do they rise, and most importantly where is the cash bubble or does it differ on the amount of runners?

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited June 2009
    There are various formats for blind structure and these will vary by tournament. Before you enter take a look at the tournament information. If you're just starting off go for the longer level changes or even deep stack tournaments, as the 'turbo' type tournaments can get hectic very quckly. My advice would be to start at a low buy-in tourney or stt's until you get a feel for it. Also you mention you've watched tournaments on TV. Just bear in mind that these are generally the 'highlights' and not really representative of an actual tournament. Therefore patience is your best ally, in other words don't rush it and unless you are experienced don't force the action. Put your chips in with the best hands and see where it takes you.

Last thng is don't expect to win straight away, nobody ever won a tournament without some luck, but equally nobody ever won a tournament with just luck.

GL at the tables