You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Connection issues in the primo semi

poppy765poppy765 Member Posts: 1,511
edited July 2012 in Community Help & Advice
Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    bolesAAbolesAA Member Posts: 282
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Connection issues in the primo semi:
    Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?
    Posted by poppy765
    Yes i had major issues, i've fired an email away to customer care, but im glad im not the only one, as when I get the usual its not our fault nonsense, I have evidence of others. First time ive ever had problems as well, very annoyed as I lost 2/3rds of my stack in the 15-20 mins i had issues. Shame as the primo is well outside my bankroll and I was in a good position to maybe get through  
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Sorry to hear that BolesAA (but it's reassuring that it wasn't just me). I was lagging, losing connection and timing out for the whole thing, fortunately I squeezed though and it seems fine now. I hope it gets sorted for you, cya
  • Options
    TheDartTheDart Member Posts: 1,581
    edited July 2012

Registered for the primo sat and Sunday roller sat, could hardly play a hand in either, due to tables freezing, tables not loading etc.

I've given up for the night, even more frustrating as Sunday's a big night for cash for points and I was playing more games in attempt to hit a new monthly target.

I will see what good old customer service have to say.

• Options
    bolesAAbolesAA Member Posts: 282
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Connection issues in the primo semi:
    Sorry to hear that BolesAA (but it's reassuring that it wasn't just me). I was lagging, losing connection and timing out for the whole thing, fortunately I squeezed though and it seems fine now. I hope it gets sorted for you, cya
    Posted by poppy765
    Lucky for you ;), yeh i went out in 40th so was more than a little upset, yeh a got a refund from customer care and the usual check this and that. I can't be too upset as it is the first time it has happened to me, but it is annoying when you could be on to a £55 primo seat and get refunded your £2.64 sat entry. 

However it is good of sky to do this as they are not at any obligation to do so and its been a couple of hours so I have calmed down lol maybe next week 

Andy 
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: Connection issues in the primo semi:
    In Response to Re: Connection issues in the primo semi : Lucky for you ;), yeh i went out in 40th so was more than a little upset, yeh a got a refund from customer care and the usual check this and that. I can't be too upset as it is the first time it has happened to me, but it is annoying when you could be on to a £55 primo seat and get refunded your £2.64 sat entry.  However it is good of sky to do this as they are not at any obligation to do so and its been a couple of hours so I have calmed down lol maybe next week  Andy 
    Posted by bolesAA
    Glad u got something- a refund is better than nothing. For me it's not the lags and timeouts that are expensive- it's the resulting apoplectic rage! I hope u have better luck next week!
  • Options
    DivsDreamsDivsDreams Member Posts: 301
    edited July 2012
    hi guys, happened to me 3 nights in a rown now, eve deleted the old download and downloaded it again, If things dont improve by mora gona check out other sites, keep me informed how you get on. Ul The Dart i know ure frustration
  • Options
    TheDartTheDart Member Posts: 1,581
    edited July 2012
    Well I have been reliably informed by Sky that the problem was not at their end.

It's odd because I'm aware there have been issues in recent weeks, yet none of them affected me.

Last night the download version just wouldn't work correctly and for most of the time it wouldn't even install.

I tried to play through the online version and that was just so strange, the tables froze, the tables wouldn't load and I even had a table loaded and asking me to check bet or fold when I couldn't see any cards and wasn't even one of the 6 players seated on the table loaded on my screen.

At one stage, I clicked on the tab to see my position in the primo sat and I was roughly shown to be 36th out of 78, but couldn't get a table to load with me sat at it and when I checked the lobby I was actually out!

Can all of the above happen because there was a problem with my ISP or laptop?

I am with BT, maybe there was a problem with BT broadband in my area last night?

All very tilting and very frustrating, it happened on the worst night for me, but it's not the end of the world (though it might be if it happens again).

I am satisfied with the response I got from Sky Poker customer care and we all move on!

One last point, I just read that GregHogg would the Primo last night, which is very strange, so I'm thinking I couldn't be the only one missing from the Primo field last night ;)

• Options
    DivsDreamsDivsDreams Member Posts: 301
    edited July 2012
    My disconnection problems continued the night, ended up driving to my m8s where i had more luck only got disconnected once. I think this new area i moved to has a bad connection combined perhaps with sky. See how it goes nect time am on.