You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

T20 QF's, 24&25 July.

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited July 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

Weather set perfect for all 4 semi finals, all 4 games live on sky, 2 on each night & my team still in with a chance of making Finals day for the first time ever!!!

All set up perfectly to go totally wrong, but I'm gonna have my annual QF acca.....

Somerset v Essex

Going with the home team who seem to make finals day every single year. Without Tresco' this time though, and faltered towards the end of the group stages but I think they'll have enough at home. Essex always dangerous though, and if it was at Chelmsford I'd go the other way. Probably the most attractive of the semis, and toughest to call, but Somerset ftw!

Sussex V Gloucester 

On paper it looks like a no contest, the bookies seem to agree and so do I. I see it being the most 1 sided of all the QFs. Sussex far too strong with bat and ball, probably the favourites for the whole comp. Toss will be important, and 1 outstanding performance from the visitors could cause an upset but can't see it myself. Easy home win.

Yorkshire v Worcestershire

Great draw for my team against the outsiders in the comp. I cannot see how we can fail to make finals day for the first time! We got some great momentum going after a shaky start in the group stage, destructive batsmen all the way down and a bowling attack that never knows when it's beat.

Worcs have a couple of match winners, but if they don't come off, they don't have much else in reserve. Key men in the middle order for Yorks are Ballance and Miller. Lookout for some huge accelleration from the lower middle order towards the end of the innings.

Should be a walk in the park for the mighty YCCC!

Nottinghamshire v Hampshire 

This will probably be billed as the closest game of the 4 by the pundits but I disagree and expect a comfortable home win. Again home advantage will be key, both of these teams are dynamite at home, Hampshire not so much away....
T20 often comes down to 1 or 2 individual performances on the night, Notts full of match winners and should be too strong. Lookout for England opener (and in my opinion the closest thing we have to KP) Alex Hales! 

----------------------------

Loads of varience in T20, but with the weather set fair for all 4 games, rain/duckworth-lewis wont be one of them for once!

Gone for all 4 favourites, home advantage is obv rly important so 4 home wins too.

If I can get the right result in the first game (4pm tomorrow) I'll be alot more confident of getting all 4 up!

4 fold pays just under 5/1!

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited July 2012
    Nice post gl

I fancy Essex in the 1st game though, so that means Somerset will win.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Just seen the line ups for the first semi, Tresco back for Somerset, Morkel, and Levi too....

If you don't watch T20 normally, this is a great time to start!!!

What a game this should be........
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to T20 QF's, 24&25 July.:
    Weather set perfect for all 4 semi finals, all 4 games live on sky, 2 on each night & my team still in with a chance of making Finals day for the first time ever!!! All set up perfectly to go totally wrong, but I'm gonna have my annual QF acca..... Somerset v Essex Going with the home team who seem to make finals day every single year. Without Tresco' this time though, and faltered towards the end of the group stages but I think they'll have enough at home. Essex always dangerous though, and if it was at Chelmsford I'd go the other way. Probably the most attractive of the semis, and toughest to call, but Somerset ftw! Sussex V Gloucester  On paper it looks like a no contest, the bookies seem to agree and so do I. I see it being the most 1 sided of all the QFs. Sussex far too strong with bat and ball, probably the favourites for the whole comp. Toss will be important, and 1 outstanding performance from the visitors could cause an upset but can't see it myself. Easy home win. Yorkshire v Worcestershire Great draw for my team against the outsiders in the comp. I cannot see how we can fail to make finals day for the first time! We got some great momentum going after a shaky start in the group stage, destructive batsmen all the way down and a bowling attack that never knows when it's beat. Worcs have a couple of match winners, but if they don't come off, they don't have much else in reserve. Key men in the middle order for Yorks are Ballance and Miller. Lookout for some huge accelleration from the lower middle order towards the end of the innings. Should be a walk in the park for the mighty YCCC! Nottinghamshire v Hampshire  This will probably be billed as the closest game of the 4 by the pundits but I disagree and expect a comfortable home win. Again home advantage will be key, both of these teams are dynamite at home, Hampshire not so much away.... T20 often comes down to 1 or 2 individual performances on the night, Notts full of match winners and should be too strong. Lookout for England opener (and in my opinion the closest thing we have to KP) Alex Hales!  ---------------------------- Loads of varience in T20, but with the weather set fair for all 4 games, rain/duckworth-lewis wont be one of them for once! Gone for all 4 favourites, home advantage is obv rly important so 4 home wins too. If I can get the right result in the first game (4pm tomorrow) I'll be alot more confident of getting all 4 up! 4 fold pays just under 5/1!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Just a little bit!!! 

Wowwww!!!

2/2 after 2, to 230/4!!!!!!

Tonights games locked, over to tomorrow! C'mon YCCC, dnt let me down!!! :)

• Options
    Curt360x27Curt360x27 Member Posts: 490
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: T20 QF's, 24&25 July.:
    In Response to T20 QF's, 24&25 July. : Just a little bit!!!  Wowwww!!! 2/2 after 2, to 230/4!!!!!! Tonights games locked, over to tomorrow! C'mon YCCC, dnt let me down!!! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If you win your bet are you going to buy Scott Styris a pint. That knock was silly!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: T20 QF's, 24&25 July.:
    In Response to Re: T20 QF's, 24&25 July. : If you win your bet are you going to buy Scott Styris a pint. That knock was silly!
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Yea was an amazing knock, but some pretty terrible bowling. From both teams.

If Yorks can avoid Somerset in the semis after we crush Worcs' tomorrow, I reckon we'll ship the trophy when they bottle it against us in the final.

Bowlers will win it. YCCC got the best attack by a mile.

Mon the Tykes!!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to T20 QF's, 24&25 July.:
    Yorkshire v Worcestershire Great draw for my team against the outsiders in the comp. I cannot see how we can fail to make finals day for the first time! We got some great momentum going after a shaky start in the group stage, destructive batsmen all the way down and a bowling attack that never knows when it's beat. Worcs have a couple of match winners, but if they don't come off, they don't have much else in reserve. Key men in the middle order for Yorks are Ballance and Miller. Lookout for some huge accelleration from the lower middle order towards the end of the innings. Should be a walk in the park for the mighty YCCC! 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nailed it!

Not over though, Phil Hughes and Solanki to get & Andrew can whack it miles with his weird bat.

Strong bowling unit defending 212 though, surely it can't go wrong from here...

Can it ????? ;););)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well that was horrible!!!

How did Hampshire pull that off???

I had a chance to back them @ 6/1 in running to lock up 90% of the 5/1 but turned it own for the sake of holding on for an extra 15 quid! Learnt a tough lesson there. lol

I eventually got out in running when Mckenzie went down with cramp during the final over, gave time for the price to refresh and for me to lock up like 38% of what I would have had the bet won, backing Hamps @ 13/8. 

Great couple of days cricket, and abit of profit, but could have been so much better.

On to finals day, Mon the Tykes!!!!!
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited July 2012
    Yorkshire.. . Yorkshire. . Yorkshire . . . Yorkshire. .. Yorkshire!!!