You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

regarding 'chip dumping'

DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

This may be another of my posts that gets criticism....

but...here goes...

Sometimes i play a session n sky withold my winnings to check to see if everything is in order.....(everything has been son far)

As a mid/mid-low stakes cash player, sometimes i start a session playing micro stackes, just to get my brain going and to make sure i dnt make any rash mistakes early on that will cost me a buy in (50 quid). if i make a mistake its a fiver or a tenner, easier to take n move on from. lol

However I have a mate who plays on sky poker just recently, i introduced him, who plays low stakes all the time. If he is low in his account, is it uncacceptable for me to take him on  HEADS UP cash table n donk a tenner off to him? would this be classed as chip dumping?

Just want clarification on the rules before I make another daft mistake.

Thanx, JJ (DOHH)

Comments

• Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to regarding 'chip dumping':
    This may be another of my posts that gets criticism.... but...here goes... Sometimes i play a session n sky withold my winnings to check to see if everything is in order.....(everything has been son far) As a mid/mid-low stakes cash player, sometimes i start a session playing micro stackes, just to get my brain going and to make sure i dnt make any rash mistakes early on that will cost me a buy in (50 quid). if i make a mistake its a fiver or a tenner, easier to take n move on from. lol However I have a mate who plays on sky poker just recently, i introduced him, who plays low stakes all the time. If he is low in his account, is it uncacceptable for me to take him on  HEADS UP cash table n donk a tenner off to him? would this be classed as chip dumping? Just want clarification on the rules before I make another daft mistake. Thanx, JJ (DOHH)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi DO7H,s ;)

Sky Poker runs anti collusion software, and it is sensative, I have a feeling it would probably pick this up, the question has been asked before, but it is still a good question imo and deserves an answer.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2009
    in short dont do this ,.. in the terms and conditions its like laundering and your account can be closed perminantly and your monies gone forever !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009

lol cheers for answering barry, much appreciated.

So it sounds like im best off steering cleer of that option then...Especially as when im playing early on in the session as i mentioned I like to have half hour playing against him. Also in sessions sometimes i suck out on players, or also in tournys if i suck out bad and nok em out, i say to em if i go on to cash/win big, ill search ya n donk u bak off ya buy in in a cash game.

no thoughts of collusion or anything, just a nice gesture. Didnt mean to be repetative, new to the forum, again, reply very much appreciated.

DOHH

P.S. if anyone wud like to refund my past tourny losses, email me at copps18xxx@itsnevergonnahappen.com :) ty

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    Hi Dohhhhhhhhhh

Enjoyed the high stakes rumble last night :o)

If you're playing a H2H with him I personally see nothing wrong, except..............The site has to be careful of the money laundering guidlines so could be a problem.

Elsa
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Never do that.

You will get banned quicker than anything else on the site for it.
  • Options
    UncleNafeUncleNafe Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2009
    Hi there
    I think it would be safer to send the £10 to his bank account (if he's a friend) and let him deposit that into his Sky account.
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited November 2009
    I'm sure I heard of this happening before here and the 2 players had their accounts frozen. I think it was sorted out eventually but not without a lot of hassle.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    wow much more serious than i thought then. Glad i made this post. Thanx very much guys n galz. x
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,924
    edited November 2009

If you do what you suggest, you WILL get caught by the anti-collusion software &/or Fraud Team, & your Account WILL be frozen, & your winnings WILL be with-held. It is wholly improper.

Several genuinely innocent such examples HAVE occurred, & it was nightmate to sort out. Those who were innocently involved will not Post on here, but it was a nightmare, really, & I got involved in trying to help sort it out, as did Rich Orford. I don't want to go there again, it was a lot of time & work, & the guys were fortunate it got sorted out. 

Chip-dumping & Multi-Accounting are the two unforgiveables of Online Poker - everyone who does it becomes despised by all.

Don't go there! Ever. Ever ever ever.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: regarding 'chip dumping':
    lol cheers for answering barry, much appreciated. So it sounds like im best off steering cleer of that option then...Especially as when im playing early on in the session as i mentioned I like to have half hour playing against him. Also in sessions sometimes i suck out on players, or also in tournys if i suck out bad and nok em out, i say to em if i go on to cash/win big, ill search ya n donk u bak off ya buy in in a cash game. no thoughts of collusion or anything, just a nice gesture. Didnt mean to be repetative, new to the forum, again, reply very much appreciated. DOHH P.S. if anyone wud like to refund my past tourny losses, email me at :) ty
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi DOHHHHHHH

Unfortunately, sky have asked us not to divulge our email on the forum as it can lead to spamming, this is only a suggestion, if one of the mods see your email they will more than likely remove it, hope you dont mind this :)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm sure I heard of this happening before here and the 2 players had their accounts frozen. I think it was sorted out eventually but not without a lot of hassle.
    Posted by Dingdell
    Correct - a LOT of hassle!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    lol cheers for answering barry, much appreciated. So it sounds like im best off steering cleer of that option then...Especially as when im playing early on in the session as i mentioned I like to have half hour playing against him. Also in sessions sometimes i suck out on players, or also in tournys if i suck out bad and nok em out, i say to em if i go on to cash/win big, ill search ya n donk u bak off ya buy in in a cash game. no thoughts of collusion or anything, just a nice gesture. Didnt mean to be repetative, new to the forum, again, reply very much appreciated. DOHH P.S. if anyone wud like to refund my past tourny losses, email me at copps18xxx@itsnevergonnahappen.com :) ty
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Jeez - are you SERIOUS?

Just don't do that sort of thing ever, no matter what your motive is.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Nooooo the email was a joke one, and the enquiry was exactly that! Never thought it wud be so serious, a tenner to a mate whom i play completely different games to? i know its more the principal rather than the specific amount that wud be fround upon...but still. Well rules are rules, thank god i thought before i acted this time.lol

Thanx all, when i make a 2 outer on u in the future n go on to win the tourny, its just tuff! ;) lol

• Options
    themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
    edited November 2009
    Posted by Dingdell
     this is correct and may i add 1 of the guys had over 8k in his account ..... need i say how sick he felt when his account was locked and he read the terms and conditions and saw he could lose the lot ???????

all his mates wanted sky to do a £8k freeroll with it !!!!!!!

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited November 2009
    Whilst I fully & whole heartedly agree that this is a no-no in the very strongest sense, are there any plans for Sky to introduce an account transfer facility? I know you can do it on other sites (although it's not something that I'd probably use myself)
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: regarding 'chip dumping' :  this is correct and may i add 1 of the guys had over 8k in his account ..... need i say how sick he felt when his account was locked and he read the terms and conditions and saw he could lose the lot ??????? all his mates wanted sky to do a £8k freeroll with it !!!!!!!
    Posted by themackem
    +1 lollol
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Someone tried to do it as a fella was selling a sky poker t shirt and thought the best way to transfer the account was dump a few quid.

Sky soon stopped that idea before it happened.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited November 2009
    If you do what you suggest, you WILL get caught by the anti-collusion software &/or Fraud Team, & your Account WILL be frozen, & your winnings WILL be with-held. It is wholly improper. Several genuinely innocent such examples HAVE occurred, & it was nightmate to sort out. Those who were innocently involved will not Post on here, but it was a nightmare, really, & I got involved in trying to help sort it out, as did Rich Orford. I don't want to go there again, it was a lot of time & work, & the guys were fortunate it got sorted out.  Chip-dumping & Multi-Accounting are the two unforgiveables of Online Poker - everyone who does it becomes despised by all. Don't go there! Ever. Ever ever ever.
    Posted by Tikay10
    its not allowed on here but is it possible to have a facility in the future to pass money between accounts?,they have this on betfred...
    i was talking to a player at the spt event who had their account closed and i'm sure it must of been a pain to sort out...

• Options
    edited November 2009

Some Sites do have a Cash-Transfer facility.

I hope Sky Poker never takes that route, though. It leads to all manner of problems, with Fraud, Grimmers galore, players begging for money to buy-in to Tourneys, ugh.

On the world's biggest Site - a very fine Site too - the incidence of almost non-stop begging in the Chat-Boxes is a nightmare, the place attracts scroungers & grimmers simply because it has a Cash-Transfer Facility.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    This so called 'sensitive programme' cant be that good, if it was i'd be under interrogation by now, because the way i play sometimes, people could class it as chip dumping lol.