You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help for newmarket races

LargearceLargearce Member Posts: 324
edited August 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hi I have never been to the races before, and in the past only ever bet on the National...
friends have invited us to go to Newmarket on Sat 11/07/12, any advice or tips would be more than welcome.

do's and dont's, i have been told jacket and tie are in order for the day........

Help Please

Gary

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,324
    edited August 2012
    Gary

A number of people gibe tips on here Friday night/Satuirday morning. If you have time peruse them but remember we r not the oracle.

If no time you could do no worse than get a Racing Post and see if Pricewise has any

Have a great time

Father V 
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited August 2012
    Like ASSIZES in the first only beaten a sort head at goodwood by a relly progressive sort.
    Has a 7lb claimer whos got a 30% stike rate riding,The projected price is about 6/1 and at that price for me looks a safe each way bet.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Help for newmarket races:
    Gary A number of people gibe tips on here Friday night/Satuirday morning. If you have time peruse them but remember we r not the oracle. If no time you could do no worse than get a Racing Post and see if Pricewise has any   Have a great time Father V 
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks, i know there are no oracles, but its got to be better than picking one coz i like the name or colour....  Thanks any advice is better than none at all.

gary
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Like ASSIZES in the first only beaten a sort head at goodwood by a relly progressive sort. Has a 7lb claimer whos got a 30% stike rate riding,The projected price is about 6/1 and at that price for me looks a safe each way bet.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Thanks thats one i will put some of me money on then.

gary
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Ok here goes Gary

In the first

Unex El Greco 2.25
    Highland Colori 3.00

see my four candles ratings for further info.

Cant see beyond Certify in 3.35

Father V

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Ok here goes Gary In the first Unex El Greco 2.25 Highland Colori 3.00 see my four candles ratings for further info. Cant see beyond Certify in 3.35 Father V  
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks real good will follow your advice.

Gary

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Well hope you had a winning day Gary, gave u 2 out of 3
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Well hope you had a winning day Gary, gave u 2 out of 3
    Posted by vaigret
    yes thanks had great day had 2 1st places, 1 2nd, and 2 3rds. all going well untill in 1 race I bet on the odds on fave, 8 horses in the race, I think it came 6th....so after all we came out £30 down....
    u
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    glad u had a good day even with your loss.

My best tip should have been never back odds on LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    glad u had a good day even with your loss. My best tip should have been never back odds on LOL
    Posted by vaigret
    All i can say is thanks... enjoyed the day, but think i will stick to poker.......

Gary