You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Help needed.

mosquito01mosquito01 Member Posts: 30
edited November 2009 in Community Help & Advice
Hi, I am a new member and having trouble loading the tables, it says the script is running slow and folds my hands before i get a chance to play them, anyone out there can be of assistance i would be3 grateful.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    hey there,

i'm really sorry to hear of your problems. i will forward this on to the poker team for investigation. in the meantime if you could try making sure you delete all your cookies/temporary internet files then logging back in and trying again and also making sure you have no other programmes (such as youtube) running in the back ground - this may help.

Rich
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Help needed.:
    hey there, i'm really sorry to hear of your problems. i will forward this on to the poker team for investigation. in the meantime if you could try making sure you delete all your cookies/temporary internet files then logging back in and trying again and also making sure you have no other programmes (such as youtube) running in the back ground - this may help. Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich, Experimenting at the moment using different browsers will let you know how i get on.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    cool. can i just add if you have a low spec computer its really important that you don't have ay programmes running in the back ground (such as youtube). these will seriously effect your ability to smoothly play on the tables.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    cool. can i just add if you have a low spec computer its really important that you don't have ay programmes running in the back ground (such as youtube). these will seriously effect your ability to smoothly play on the tables.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi again Rich, Tried Mozilla, Internet explorer , Google crome, on my computer and my Laptop, with the same result, my server is A.O.L, afraid i can,t play under these conditions, so reluctantly have to wait till it gets better, shame really i was looking  forward to winning a few Tourneys, thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hey,

i won't give up that easily. let me go to the tech team and see if there is any other help or advice we can offer you.

we'll be in touch again soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hey, i won't give up that easily. let me go to the tech team and see if there is any other help or advice we can offer you. we'll be in touch again soon.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    thanks Rich, might add more memory to my Computer and see how that goes.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

right,

i have had a chat with the technical guys and there are a number of things we need to check with you to get to the bottom of this.

without being too technical the slow running script message you're getting is basically due to adobe flash applications (sky poker and possibly others) overloading your computer's processor, thus making things run slowly.

what we need to check are:

What are your PC specs (processor and Ram) ? these can be found under control panel -> system on most windows Operating systems)

How old is your PC/Laptop (roughly)?

PC Operating system (XP, Vista etc)?

Your Web Browser(s)? (IE, FF etc)

Are you running any other programs? (note some programs such as virus checkers can run automatically in the background….

Are you running any other flash apps? (E.G. Youtube)

By recording the above data though we can try to establish a base level of PC specs/combinations which seem to cause this error.

thanks again for being so patient and helping in getting to the bottom of this.

• Options
    edited November 2009
    right,   i have had a chat with the technical guys and there are a number of things we need to check with you to get to the bottom of this.                        without being too technical the slow running script message you're getting is basically due to adobe flash applications (sky poker and possibly others) overloading your computer's processor, thus making things run slowly.     what we need to check are:   What are your PC specs (processor and Ram) ? these can be found under control panel - /> system on most windows Operating systems)   How old is your PC/Laptop (roughly)?   PC Operating system (XP, Vista etc)?   Your Web Browser(s)? (IE, FF etc)   Are you running any other programs? (note some programs such as virus checkers can run automatically in the background….   Are you running any other flash apps? (E.G. Youtube)       By recording the above data though we can try to establish a base level of PC specs/combinations which seem to cause this error.       thanks again for being so patient and helping in getting to the bottom of this.    
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi again Rich, Here are the specs you required, fairly old computer, Xp pro,version 2, Intel celeron processor, service pack three, 897 mhz,512mb of ram, normally use Mozilla, i do use Flash for Poker stars and Pacific poker but not when using sky poker,  hope this helps, thanks again.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    sorry last question... which anti virus system are you using? some of these can run in the background and add extra load.

cheers,

we will get there eventually!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    sorry last question... which anti virus system are you using? some of these can run in the background and add extra load. cheers, we will get there eventually!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hii again Rich i am really impressed with the lenths you are going to to sort this, i use Zone alarm security suite, thanks from the Mosquito.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    sorry last question... which anti virus system are you using? some of these can run in the background and add extra load. cheers, we will get there eventually!
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hii again Rich i am really impressed with the lenths you are going to to sort this, i use Zone alarm security suite, thanks from the Mosquito.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    right, thanks for this. i'll send all this info back to the poker team and hopefully we can advise you how to move forward.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    right, thanks for this. i'll send all this info back to the poker team and hopefully we can advise you how to move forward.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Hi again Rich, I downloaded the new Firefox beta and tried that, its still a bit slow but not as bad, i still think a download of Sky poker is the solution, catch you later.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ok great. i'm glad things are better for you. a Sky Poker download will be coming in the new year, more info will be posted in the forum at a later date.

all the best,

Rich