You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Midweek footy betting

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited August 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
It's the first round of midweek fixtures in the football league tonight & after the weekend's failure I'm hoping to get back to winning ways tonight.

First up the biggest value tonight is at Morecambe imo. They're 7/5 to beat York City at home & that screams value. They've got off to a good start winning their first two competitive games of the season (2-1 away at Blackpool in the cup & 3-0 away at Exeter on Saturday) & look good to continue that tonight against the football league new boys. In contrast York lost their cup tie at Doncaster (albeit on penalties) & found life tough at home to Wycombe on Saturday where they went down 3-1. I've a free £25 bet to use on a single market so I've added another tenner to this to have £35 on the home win at the Globe Arena tonight.

Elsewhere there's opportunities for some acca's tonight but as I said at the weekend, tread carefully as it's very early days so there's no proper form to go by yet.

My 4 way for tonight:

Watford to beat Ipswich (H) @ 6/5
Colchester to beat Portsmouth (H) @ 10/11
Aldershot to beat Exeter (H) @ 11/10
Morecambe to beat York (H) @ 7/5

The 4 way potentially pays a shade over 20/1 so I've had a couple of quid on.

Watford were impressive at Selhurst on Saturday coming back from 1-0 & 2-1 down to finally take the points in a 3-2 win. Ipswich managed a draw at home to Blackburn & at this price Watford are worth a punt.
Pompey managed a decent home draw against Bournemouth at the weekend but I think their threadbare squad will struggle at Colchester where the U's are pretty decent.
Aldershot are dark horses for a play off spot this term & are improving all the time under Dean Holdsworth. They only went out of the league cup on penalties to Wolves & started their league campaign with a good 2-0 win at Plymouth on Saturday. They take on Plymouth's Devon rivals Exeter tonight who went down 3-0 at home to Morecambe on Saturday.
Morecambe complete my acca for what will hopefully be my first win of the campaign.

Good luck peeps

Jay

Comments