You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

is poker trully easier against better players

2»

Comments

• Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      Bluffing i find is easier against better players because they can lay down a hand if they think they are beat. Whereas the fish will call any bet to hit a gutshot.  You can use more sophisticated plays against a better player who is capable of reading the texture of a board.  And my final point is to say speak to the Devilfish about this. He hates with a vengeance playing against the fish and loves playing against the big boys
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    I'm not sure about easier. I woud say it is a 'different' game against the better players.

I think you need to adapt your game to the opposition you are playing against. Higher quality opposition will read the texture of the board and allow you the odd bluff etc.. whereas perhaps if you are playing a freeroll or against players you feel are weaker and will call you down regardless, then you can play ABC poker.

Of course if your statement was in relation to a game of pure skill chess / tennis etc.. then it would be illogical. If the players are better than you they will beat you, nearly every time.
  • Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    the problem with bad players is they don't kow what moves you are making and don't kow when to fold and will go chasing cards. So whilst on average you will make more from bad players, I can see why you think you it is easier against good players.
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    I stand whenever theres fish at my tables.
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited November 2009
    lol at the above comment
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    I think that against a better player you will lose long term. It is however easier to play against people who have a decent standard but are still below you. Assigning a hand range is only possible if the player has one. A half decent ABC player will be easier to give range to where as a "Better" player will be mixing up their game. A totaly inexperianced player will not know what hands they should be calling - raising with from what position and your only range may have to be "Any 2". ( how can you know what they have if THEY don't)

It's harder for me to play people who have no idea how to play but not easier to play people who are more skillfull than me
  • Options
    dogg85dogg85 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2009
    hi all....new poster! personnally i think it is easier against better players as the tend to give u the benefit ov the doubt with hands you are bluffing with, i.e think ull raises again after the flop if uve raised before etc....just my opinion!