You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

when is sky going to sort the download client out?

foldUfairyfoldUfairy Member Posts: 148
edited November 2012 in Community Help & Advice
Putting any sort of volume in on the web version is just a complete joke, it's laggy and the time bar just runs out before you can make a decision. I can't explain how tilting it is when this happens, the download client was fine when playing a few tables and since the last adobe update i have not been able to play on it.
How can it take so long to sort this out, for all the positives sky have it's completely overshadowed by poor software and a slow response to fix a clear problem.
If anyone knows how long it's going to take to get this sorted or if this sort of thing has happened before and how long they took then, let me know please as i have had to withdraw most of my bankroll and put it on another site for the time being.
Regards Michael.

Comments

• Options
    KurtxKurtx Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2012
    In Response to when is sky going to sort the download client out?:
    Putting any sort of volume in on the web version is just a complete joke, it's laggy and the time bar just runs out before you can make a decision. I can't explain how tilting it is when this happens, the download client was fine when playing a few tables and since the last adobe update i have not been able to play on it. How can it take so long to sort this out, for all the positives sky have it's completely overshadowed by poor software and a slow response to fix a clear problem. If anyone knows how long it's going to take to get this sorted or if this sort of thing has happened before and how long they took then, let me know please as i have had to withdraw most of my bankroll and put it on another site for the time being. Regards Michael.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    Is it like it for everyone or just people that are now downloading the client?
    playing through the browser is horrific.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited September 2012

Good morning.

I may be completely wrong, but this MAY be the problem that arose last week due to an Adobe Air Update, which subsequently required the Download Client to be re-installed to account for the Update.

Might be worth a try, & I'm sorry you have experienced problems.

I am with the Techie guys tomorrow in Nottingham, & will raise this thread with them, & see if I can get you a better reply....
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited September 2012
    Tikay I have had problems too since the update(see my post Low Volume on tables).I have tried a complete reinstall of the download client and Adobe Air and also going back to the previous Air update but problems still persist
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: when is sky going to sort the download client out?:
    In Response to when is sky going to sort the download client out? : Is it like it for everyone or just people that are now downloading the client? playing through the browser is horrific.
    Posted by Kurtx

I uninstalled the download client and it wouldn't let me download it again it says download error. It's been doing this for a while now, not sure if anyone else is having the same problem... and yes playing through the browser is useless when multitabling.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Good morning. I may be completely wrong, but this MAY be the problem that arose last week due to an Adobe Air Update, which subsequently required the Download Client to be re-installed to account for the Update. Might be worth a try, & I'm sorry you have experienced problems. I am with the Techie guys tomorrow in Nottingham, & will raise this thread with them, & see if I can get you a better reply....
    Posted by Tikay10

Yes Tikay it's definatley an issue with the adobe air update, i have tried to re-install but it won't let me.
    Ok thanks for having a look into it then, i'm sure there must be others with this issue.
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited September 2012
    If you're having problems re-installing they may not have been uninstalled properly.

Make sure you uninstall using the Windows add/remove programs in your control panel.

Then i'd reboot the system and re-install using the download link on the Sky Poker homepage.
  • Options
    3barrels3barrels Member Posts: 434
    edited September 2012
    i just bought a new laptop and i cant download the client its just says error retry i tried getting adobe air from there website and installed it then came back to sky to get the client and low and behold it still wont download still getting error msg help pls i hate the web
  • Options
    3barrels3barrels Member Posts: 434
    edited September 2012
    ok day 2 d/l link for client still wont work for me i really hate playing on the web based page as i time out quite alot and miss out on hands and betting spots starting too annoy me a bit
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'm not sure what the problem could be there, it's working ok for me because I re-installed yetsreday as the failure to load problem has been driving me daft lately.

How are you connecting to the internet on the laptop? is it wireless? 

What error message do you see when you try to download it again?

• Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited September 2012
    Have you tried to download from different browsers?It should not make any diff but sky can be funny with them.
  • Options
    kingspoofkingspoof Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2012
    i just bought a new laptop and i cant download the client its just says error retry i tried getting adobe air from there website and installed it then came back to sky to get the client and low and behold it still wont download still getting error msg help pls i hate the web
    Posted by 3barrels
    This is happening to me too surely after 10 days the problem the problem is resolved ?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Need more details.

What is the exact error message you receive?

When do you get this message?

Which browser are you using whilst trying to download the software?

Have you fully uninstalled both the Sky Poker client and Adobe Air before attempting to donwload and install again?

How did you uninstall them both?

What Operating System are you using?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Need more details. What is the exact error message you receive? When do you get this message? Which browser are you using whilst trying to download the software? Have you fully uninstalled both the Sky Poker client and Adobe Air before attempting to download and install again? How did you uninstall them both? What Operating System are you using?
    Posted by AcidMan27

Hi, sorry i have only just seen this acidman. The error message i'm getting is "A download error occured. Try to download again?"
    I get this message everytime i try to download, i have been trying to download every week or so for 2 months now and it's a joke. Sometimes it starts downloading the adobe air and then fails displaying that error message.
    I am using google chrome, i have fully uninstalled both sky poker and adobe air via the control panel>add or remove programs. The operating system is windows XP.
    I withdrew my bankroll about 2 months ago now because of this and it's still not working which is extremely frustrating as i like playing on sky poker. It's impossible to multitable on the web client, the lag is ridiculous.
  • Options
    kingspoofkingspoof Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    how do you contact sky about this still playing in  browser ? anyone have an email address ? ? i just get sent around in aloop when i try contact live ? Problem is i cant download even after going onto Adobe Air site and downloaded but then when i try download the sky poker it says error ??