You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Unlucky TK @ DTD

Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
166th - tell us all what happened?

Comments

• Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited November 2009

Age is catching up with him, he will be first out tuesday ;)

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    HEHE  I hope to be taking down Team TK single handedly. Then again I may not be in to play :( bring it onnnn
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Quite an achievement to get the same position as ur age :)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,024
    edited November 2009

Just one of those days really. I now get Sundays off, have done for 3 weeks now, so I try & find a game somewhere. And 3 weeks in a row I've departed early, partly through playing too fast.

I played badly the first 2 Levels today, too eager to get involved, & duelling with a few buddies, as you do, & 10k soon became 5k. I donked off most of them, though my Queens got rivered by A-7 for a chunky pot. 

Then I Raised up UTG into a loose Table, with Blinds at 150-300, & made it 1k to go. Now, what hand you you put me on here? I am Lord Nit of Nit-Ville, after all, & I'm UTG on a loose 9 seater! Yes, I had the boots, but amazingly picked up FIVE callers! It came raggy tag tag, I moved in, all Pass bar one who Called with J-J, missed, & I was back in it.

Then I lost 60% of my stack with my K-Q on a Q-high board. Something smelt fishy, & I could not make the All-In Call on the end. It turned out I was a spot behind, so a good fold in the end.

Eventually I took a race with my Q-J v Villain's 9-9, & I hit both my cards. And he hit one of his.....

I had a terrific time though.

Chatted with Sky Poker-ists JaegerBomb, BeaneH, & LJB ---- (?), & then chilled for a bit with Simon Aces Trumper, Maria "Chili" Demetriou, & Red-Dog.

Simon Trumper wheels & deals in watches - wristwatches - he'as a bit of a watch geek. I was chatting to a dodgy geezer who tried to sell me a brand new Brietling watch for £6,000 - "it's worth £7,950 in the Shops" says dodgy geezer - so I got Simon to run his eyer over it. It's extraordinarry to see an expert look at stuff like that. Simon eventually told Mr Dodgy that he'd offer about £2,000 for it. Apparently they go for about 25% of Retail Value. Good grief. It may even have been a copy.

Thats it now, a few heavy days ahead, I've got a few boils to lance, & a few nettles to grasp. Gotta be done.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    I dont know how you get the time.  You seem to be everywhere
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    A lot of American import Brietlings about at the moment. Need to be careful not to pick up a recon jobby from India too. I sold a couple of Omega seamasters on Ebay and got a good price for them a couple of months ago. Then bought a genuine 1957 Roamer for the whopping price of £30. It was my very first wristwatch when I was 7, and I love it.

Watch geeks are worse than train geeks.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    just a case of bad luck then really.