You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

did i play this badly.

anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

i had 44 . wmsc raised 120 chips. blinds were 15 to 30.
johny called 120
i called 120
flop 442
i checked
wmsc check
johny check
turn k
wmsc 60chips
johny 60
i raised 120 to see if they had k.
both called
river 10
i went pot 750
wmsc folded
johny called 750.
did i play that right or wrong please give me your opinion, as i was told it was the worst hand played he had ever seen and i was a plonker and to go to bingo. lol . thanks anj. xx

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

how well u played it depends on what he showed.......?? did u get the max?

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    seems you got payed well anjie,

well done
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: did i play this badly.:
    how well u played it depends on what he showed.......?? did u get the max?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    johny never showed but i guess he had a king.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,819
    edited November 2009

When they say you are a plonker, or played it badly, it means...

1) You WON the hand.

2) They LOST the Hand.

3) They do not know how to lose graciously, or with dignity.

4 x 4's - very nice!
  • Options
    edited November 2009

anjie when u get called and he/she mucks his hand...u can look at his hand using hand history? Am i wrong? thats the first thing i do everytime it happens.....?

DOHH

• Options
    MH45706MH45706 Member Posts: 164
    edited November 2009
    Wrong forum
  • Options
    TENOFSPADETENOFSPADE Member Posts: 426
    edited November 2009

played it perfect anj as always,got as much chips as possible,played it to perfection imo.........nice hand  ....ps you would never get those chips out of me ;;;;;nh wp gg gl cya............ ten xx

• Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    played it perfectly for me, let them hit and then take their money
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    played it perfect anj as always,got as much chips as possible,played it to perfection imo.........nice hand  ....ps you would never get those chips out of me ;;;;;nh wp gg gl cya............ ten xx
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    ty ten. just what i wanted to hear. xxx
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Id like to ask somebody independant, ....n I mean this in the nicest possible way....

"What were the odds, after the initial post, of somebody saying anjie, you played it badly?"

Obviously the lady was in to minds as 2 if she played it well or not, as she made the post in the first place!

She may well have played it well, she may not, canny believe no1 has asked what the other guy was playing with, surely this is the ultimate question when deciding wether or not she played the hand well. (no1 can rlly play quads poorly)

Not seen much of anjie myself on sky, but heard the presenters n experts talk highly of her, I rekon she deserves more respect than people blatently agreeing her for whatever reason, and not trying to read the hand and suggest improvements!

"yes u played it well" - isnt really gonna help?

DOHH
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    Id like to ask somebody independant, ....n I mean this in the nicest possible way.... "What were the odds, after the initial post, of somebody saying anjie, you played it badly?" Obviously the lady was in to minds as 2 if she played it well or not, as she made the post in the first place! She may well have played it well, she may not, canny believe no1 has asked what the other guy was playing with, surely this is the ultimate question when deciding wether or not she played the hand well. (no1 can rlly play quads poorly) Not seen much of anjie myself on sky, but heard the presenters n experts talk highly of her, I rekon she deserves more respect than people blatently agreeing her for whatever reason, and not trying to read the hand and suggest improvements! "yes u played it well" - isnt really gonna help? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What difference would this make at all with respect to an assessment of how well Anjie played the hand?
    You are guilty of the worst kind of results oriented thinking.
    Anjie did not know at the time what the other two players were holding and that is how the play should be judged.

As it happens, I can only agree that Anjie played it perfectly.

• Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2009
    did i play that right or wrong please give me your opinion, as i was told it was the worst hand played he had ever seen and i was a plonker and to go to bingo. lol . thanks anj. xx

Amazing how alot of players get this animated when losing/ being out played. Anyway how's the Bingo going Anj - 5 and 9 the Brighton line woowoooo
  • Options
    The_Don90The_Don90 Member Posts: 9,751
    edited November 2009
    you played that as best as you could, well done. ignore the chat. ive learned to over time.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    you played that as best as you could, well done. ignore the chat. ive learned to over time.
    Posted by The_Don90
    thanks evry1 i really apprecate your comments  . xx
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      For my two penneth worth. I believe that you played the hand as well as it could be played. The check into the preflop aggressor was fine, the min raise on the turn was perfect as it built the pot nicely whilst pricing them both to call. The value bet on the river was good as well because it got paid.

Flopped quads for me is amongst the hardest hands to play. The Edge in poker is to lose the least or win the most in any pot. When you hit the flop that hard people tend to fall into the bad ways of playing which is either to slow play it to death and not get paid or to massively overbet and scare off all potential donators.

I actually dont think you could have got any more chips in that situation. If you ever feel like giving lessons in how to play MTTs can i sign up
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Id like to ask somebody independant, ....n I mean this in the nicest possible way.... "What were the odds, after the initial post, of somebody saying anjie, you played it badly?" Obviously the lady was in to minds as 2 if she played it well or not, as she made the post in the first place! She may well have played it well, she may not, canny believe no1 has asked what the other guy was playing with, surely this is the ultimate question when deciding wether or not she played the hand well. (no1 can rlly play quads poorly) Not seen much of anjie myself on sky, but heard the presenters n experts talk highly of her, I rekon she deserves more respect than people blatently agreeing her for whatever reason, and not trying to read the hand and suggest improvements! "yes u played it well" - isnt really gonna help? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hi dohh thanks for your opinion. the reason i put this post on was to see wat evry1 thought. imo i played this hand fantastic i was pleases wid what i got, but was so shocked when wsc  started on me . i expected nh and wp, but i got abuse, so i said i will put it on forum and get evry1s opinion. he said evry1 will agree it was bad play. but i thought it was good play cheers anj. xx
  • Options
    edited November 2009
      For my two penneth worth. I believe that you played the hand as well as it could be played. The check into the preflop aggressor was fine, the min raise on the turn was perfect as it built the pot nicely whilst pricing them both to call. The value bet on the river was good as well because it got paid.   Flopped quads for me is amongst the hardest hands to play. The Edge in poker is to lose the least or win the most in any pot. When you hit the flop that hard people tend to fall into the bad ways of playing which is either to slow play it to death and not get paid or to massively overbet and scare off all potential donators.  I actually dont think you could have got any more chips in that situation. If you ever feel like giving lessons in how to play MTTs can i sign up
    Posted by Talon
    thanks talon . xx
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Well played anjie. I don't think you could have got any more chips out of this play.
    Flopped quads is always a difficult hand to play. You played it as well as possible.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,639
    edited November 2009
    You should of folded pre flop especially as the blinds were 15/30 then you could of sat ther squirming when the flop came thinking what if and been happy at the end of the hand knowing the other player had won with his f/h and had no abuse..."smiley winkey thingy".Well played Anjie
  • Options
    edited November 2009

"What difference would this make at all with respect to an assessment of how well Anjie played the hand?
    You are guilty of the worst kind of results oriented thinking."

Course it matters what the other bloke had. The read on him dictates how you bet the hand, as you cannot lose.
    If like anjie said, she had this fella on a king, then she bet the hand accordingly. If the read was correct, then the hand WAS played well.

If the read was wrong, and the bloke was stronger than that, then the hand could have been played better.

The judgement of wether the hand, looked at in isolation against this/these particular opponent, was played well or not, depends 100% on the read anjie had on the other blokes hand.

That is why I sooooo wanna know what he folded!

DOHH

As for bingo, its definately worth a go, try the deal or no deal one, if only to get ya free 15 quid! lol