You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Does anyone else get bored?

PARSNO1PARSNO1 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Does anyone else get bored after a while then do silly things to spice it up a bit ?

I usually get so far in a tournament then just try and vary my interest by playing hands I shouldn't then get caught out and rapidly go on tilt ? Any advice on altering this issue of mine ?

Comments

• Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited November 2009

I listen to music/sport, eat/drink (not alcohol), or play other games to keep myself focused when playing.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    Multi-table if yu can handle it, then you are seeing more hands. Or put on some music to listen to between hands, you just need something else for your mind to do but i know exactly what you mean.
  • Options
    dogg85dogg85 Member Posts: 5
    edited November 2009

still enjoy playin now as much as i did 2 years ago....the only thing i get biored ov is people callin me a fish!! if i gt the odds to call i will but some dont like bein beaten even when its there own fault!! very annoyin!

• Options
    borobabe09borobabe09 Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2009
    Yeh does get a bit boring, but if you get on the right table with friends the chat makes all the difference....i have tv on that helps
    xx
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    If i'm playing an mtt i will usually open a cheap sit n go or low stakes cash table to run alongside of it. Playing more than one game can break the monotony of FOld, Fold, Fold certainly during the early stages of an MTT. Once around bubble point on an MTT then it's all eyes on that table and i just leave the other games i'm playing
  • Options
    PARSNO1PARSNO1 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    I'm one of these weird people that don't have the internet at home and play through their TV so can't play multi table, or watch tv at the same time. No chat options through the tv either :-( 

It is good however playing with your remote rather than a mouse...... And it's awsome on a 50inch TV....

The no alcohol would probably help my play jingle, but where's the fun in that ... ???
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
     I get the same problem myself whilst playing in the deepstacks. For some unknown reason i will suddenly raise under the gun with 85 off. Sometimes this works so it is not too bad but the main thing is if you do do something silly like that just dont get too embroiled in the hand.Music is definitely the way to go to avoid any potential boredom
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    hello to every1 by the way...first timer poster even tho ive been on here for two years!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,647
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Does anyone else get bored?:
    hello to every1 by the way...first timer poster even tho ive been on here for two years!
    Posted by dogg85
    hey dogg welcome aboard
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    cheers stokefc
  • Options
    haroldon17haroldon17 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    can,t stand slow players i give them some stick,
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Play 2 tables, whilst on this forum, whilst watching where ur 4 year old is, whilst having their tv programme on, whilst on facebook and whilst doing planning for work!!!!  That stops me being bored when Im playing lol
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    Is it free to play thought the TV cos i heard "Bad Things" in another forum that somebody had used it while the internet was down and it was running at 20p a min or something. He ended up with a massive phone bill (although i am not sure about it's validity as i always thought it was free to use the service
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    no defo not free bt standard rate i think if u play throught ur tv.
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    Posted by dogg85

WOOF !
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    You've got it in reverse if you don't mind me saying. Early play find something else to do at the same time (I can recommend Jam-making) Then as you progress start to concentrate, sit upright and give it 100%.
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    Is it free to play thought the TV cos i heard "Bad Things" in another forum that somebody had used it while the internet was down and it was running at 20p a min or something. He ended up with a massive phone bill (although i am not sure about it's validity as i always thought it was free to use the service
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

Its free if you have sky talk.....otherwise normal bt rate
  • Options
    JoolzskiJoolzski Member Posts: 13
    edited November 2009
    This happens to me a lot aswell, I would reccomend, music, or the t.v. Or even a post it note stuck to your monitor or laptop, telling you not to go crazy when bored. lol.

It is hard though.... you gotta give urself a good smack round the face...... Wakey wakey... LOL
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    Yeh does get a bit boring, but if you get on the right table with friends the chat makes all the difference....i have tv on that helps xx
    Posted by borobabe09
    spot on borobabe,they should try the £2.20 deepstacks the chattin never stops.lol gl babe xx
  • Options
    EDKENT123EDKENT123 Member Posts: 416
    edited November 2009
    im the same, i do tend to get a bit bored....

but to combat this, ive found the best way is to search ebay, lol, sad i know but strangely it works