You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Double Standards?

mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi All,
Most of you know me and the fact that i have been with the site and forum from the start, so you will know how hard this post is for me.
I have had my first post deleted by the mods, because i named a player in a post about collusion. I know that naming players in such circumstances is frowned on, but i no way was i implicating this player and i said this in the post. I was using the case as an example.
I have looked through the forum for the original thread and to my surprise it is still there and post that contain the names of players are still there.
For me this smacks as double standards.
As i said to the customer care team this morning, there was no malice intended and as there was a whole thread on this and i had given the player my full backing, i was very disappointed my post was removed. At that point they said that someone had complained. I have posted an apology to the person i named, if it was they who complained.
As a result of what i see as double standards, I will be taking a break from posting on the forum for a few days, therefore my last post will be in collusion.
Thanks guys and i'll see you in a few days.
I AM NOT DOING THIS TO GET SUPPORT OR SYMPATHY, JUST AIRING MY VIEW.
COL

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,170
    edited November 2009
    Hi Col,

I really doubt it's double standards. Someone complained (probably via Report Abuse?) so it's brought to the moderators attention. Perhaps the other thread you refer to was simply missed by the moderators. It does happen on busy sites.

It's often easy to take a post deletion personally but you shouldn't, otherwise it just gets you down. I've done it in the past & ended up sitting there working it over in my mind and getting angry. You just have to accept it's part of forum life and move on.

Stick around Col! :-)

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    Hi Mr_mbro,

you are a fantastic and valued member of this community so please don't take it to heart if one of your posts is removed. this is in no way an attack on yourself or implication that you are not highly thought of.

as Nosey says sometimes things are missed by the moderation team here. i know that isn't ideal and it is something we are working very hard to resolve.

i really hope you stick around and carry on the great work you do here.

Rich
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Hi Col,

Just here to give you my best and hope this isolated incident won't affect you too much in the future.

The advice you gave me in the past by PM over an incident in area 51 prevented me from abandoning the forum for good.

I will always appreciate that.

Hope you dont have too long away from us and hope to speak soon.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Don't take it personally mate. Those who know u know that u meant no harm or malice.

I had a photo removed by the mods yesterday of a donkey down a hole which Id put on Tikay's thread!!! Ur guess is as good as mine as to why ;)
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Double Standards?:
    Don't take it personally mate. Those who know u know that u meant no harm or malice. I had a photo removed by the mods yesterday of a donkey down a hole which Id put on Tikay's thread!!! Ur guess is as good as mine as to why ;)
    Posted by phil12uk
    It's because I've reserved copyright of all use of my image. ;-)

More seriously Col, see you soon hopefully.
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited November 2009
    Mirror what the others say Col, come back and help us all with our game!

Dave
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    dont let them grind u down  keep smileing
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    Hurry up back matey you know ure views are gonna be missed
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi Col

I know that the post you made certainly had no malice in it, so i can understand you feeling disappointed.  As others have suggested above, I think it reflects an oversight that it wasnt removed from the other thread, rather than double standards, and i hope to see you posting soon, because your contributions are always well thought out and worth reading, regardless of whether one agrees with them or not.

You're one of the good ones mate.