You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Freerolls

Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
ive just been reminded why i hated freerolls like many of us ;)

guy thats just been bullying every hand, i waited for something picked up A10, he calls the raise. Flop A 10 4, checked the flop, bet the turn got re-raised all in i called hes got 2 3 and hits the 5 for a straight on the river

cant win em all i guess :P

Comments

• Options
    UrdadiUrdadi Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2009
    you have my sympathy. Watch my wife in the freeroll tonight. Fortunately she folded as one guy goes all in. AK offsuit. Gets call K2 off suit. The guy hits a 2 on the river and AK is out. Bet he is kicking the cat just now.
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    YEAH GOOD OLD FREEROLLS EH? LOL
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    edited November 2009
    In general I prefer sausage rolls to freerolls, the obvious exceptions being this sites' Poster's Freeroll (good quality play & banter) and no doubt the TKO freerolls starting tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    looking forward to the posters freeroll myself, standard of play there is just as good as any other normal game and theres some decent banter too :)

if anything though the freerolls are sometimes fun to just watch as 7 7 goes all in for 3k with the blinds at 15/30 and is then called by 63 AQ and K10 ;)
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009

always a good game  is the posters freeroll the standerd is very high

• Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited November 2009
    IMO The problem I find with freerolls is you get too many people playing poor hands and at the end of the day its 5 cards that count so the river will come into effect 90% of the time.........I try and stay tight at the start but if you get a big hand 70% of the time you WILL get called by a lesser hand and then its a race to the river
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    Ive played in some of these 1000 runner freerolls, and must admit, game tactics goes out of the window, im also one of those early on who will go all in on a straight draw etc because i believe its free so there is no adverse consequence in losing. Dont play the silly ones much though cos you need to spend 2 hrs to get 13p lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Freerolls:
    Ive played in some of these 1000 runner freerolls, and must admit, game tactics goes out of the window, im also one of those early on who will go all in on a straight draw etc because i believe its free so there is no adverse consequence in losing. Dont play the silly ones much though cos you need to spend 2 hrs to get 13p lol.
    Posted by loonytoons
    1000 RUNNER FREEROLLS? MY GOD YOU HAVE TO BE A REAL LOONY TO PLAY IN ONE OF THOSE.OOPS SORRY I FORGOT.LOL GL M8
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009

don't know what your on about. i invested 2 hours in 1 tonight and cashed for a whopping 50p!!! lol

• Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I had the same tonight in the deepie I was playing. A player just kept going all-in, so I waited until I had a big hand and just called waiting for his all-in, and low and behold he does. My J J beat his A 4 hands down and he was out.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Freerolls:
    I had the same tonight in the deepie I was playing. A player just kept going all-in, so I waited until I had a big hand and just called waiting for his all-in, and low and behold he does. My J J beat his A 4 hands down and he was out.
    Posted by apollo_11
    YES I REMEMBER.GG TONIGHT APPOLO I WENT OUT JUST AFTER YOU.GL M8
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited November 2009
    Looking forward to my first posters freeroll and proper play and banter
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    I either do well in a freeroll or im out within the first 3 or so minutes

Came second in one on wednesday along with 3rd in the posters so made a cool £65 for no stake :) BRAG!