You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Newcastle here i come!!!!

OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
edited November 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
After the heartbreak of bubbling in 9th Place on Friday's SPT Satellite (made up for it a couple of hours later by winning the £400 guaranteed comp - very nice £162!!!), I've just qualified for leg 2 in Newcastle in January - GET IN THERE!!!!!!

Really happy i've qualified for Leg 2 and i'm going to go into this tourney with the same mindset like i did in leg 1 by enjoying myself, survive till the buffet break (VITAL lol!!) and see what happens after that and if i get another cash then that's a bonus!!.

Bring on TKO tomorrow lol!!!

Comments

• Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited November 2009
    Nice one Craig, I will see you there (prob railing again!)

Dave
  • Options
    BIGSHANNBIGSHANN Member Posts: 433
    edited November 2009
    Nice one - well done.

Will see you there
  • Options
    brookbridbrookbrid Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2009
    well done
  • Options
    AdAmi10AdAmi10 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Newcastle here i come!!!!:
    After the heartbreak of bubbling in 9th Place on Friday's SPT Satellite (made up for it a couple of hours later by winning the £400 guaranteed comp - very nice £162!!!), I've just qualified for leg 2 in Newcastle in January - GET IN THERE!!!!!! Really happy i've qualified for Leg 2 and i'm going to go into this tourney with the same mindset like i did in leg 1 by enjoying myself, survive till the buffet break (VITAL lol!!) and see what happens after that and if i get another cash then that's a bonus!!. Bring on TKO tomorrow lol!!!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Well Done Craig. Looking forward to playing alongside you again I hope.

Cheers
    Kev (AdAmi10)
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2009
    well done m8 c u there and i wont let u off so lite this time lol gl at the tables ..wayne
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Newcastle here i come!!!!:
    well done m8 c u there and i wont let u off so lite this time lol gl at the tables ..wayne
    Posted by DELTA
    Hi Wayne,

We must hope and pray we both get table 13 again lol!!....

Leg 1 was just fantastic all round and i'm pretty sure the atmosphere at Leg 2 will be the same if not better!!..

gl to yourself at the tables and ill c u at Newcastle in Jaunary!..

All the best,
    Craig

• Options
    borobabe09borobabe09 Member Posts: 327
    edited November 2009
    Nice 1.....thats my mission now 2 sat my way if poss.......Wanna go 2 Newcastle 4 defo.

wd on ur win.....hope to seeyou there. x
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited November 2009
    Arghhhhh satellited in 3 times now and still no luck....been card dead in all 3 attempts!!

Will keep trying!

Dave
  • Options
    edited November 2009

I've got quite varied views on Poker in general and we all know you need that a decent amount of skill and that element of luck to do well in the game but also i believe the game is about confidence, mental toughness and the ability to back yourself with tough decisions and get rid of any negative vibes with immediate effect if you get screwed with bad beats/poor run of form.

In total, it has only took me just 5 attempts altogether to have qualified for legs 1 and 2 of the SPT and i think it's due to the added discipline and changes that i've inputted into my overall game.

I know i'm not the best player in the world but i'm a firm believer that if you add a lot of discipline in your game and do it with a bit of class and forget any poor run of form/bad beats, mentally it will make you a better and stronger player.

Just take a small break from trying to qualify for a couple of days and come back refreshed and properly focussed and back yourself to the best of your ability and i've got every confidence in you Dave and anyone else that ain't qualified that ill be seeing you all up in Newcastle all being well!!!!

Craig

• Options
    Hevaace1Hevaace1 Member Posts: 110
    edited November 2009
    well done to all of you, is this with that mmt that yove all got in to newcastle?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I've got quite varied views on Poker in general and we all know you need that a decent amount of skill and that element of luck to do well in the game but also i believe the game is about confidence, mental toughness and the ability to back yourself with tough decisions and get rid of any negative vibes with immediate effect if you get screwed with bad beats/poor run of form. In total, it has only took me just 5 attempts altogether to have qualified for legs 1 and 2 of the SPT and i think it's due to the added discipline and changes that i've inputted into my overall game. I know i'm not the best player in the world but i'm a firm believer that if you add a lot of discipline in your game and do it with a bit of class and forget any poor run of form/bad beats, mentally it will make you a better and stronger player. Just take a small break from trying to qualify for a couple of days and come back refreshed and properly focussed and back yourself to the best of your ability and i've got every confidence in you Dave and anyone else that ain't qualified that ill be seeing you all up in Newcastle all being well!!!! Craig
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Good post, it is a lot of luck that im lacking most of the time and keep getting beat by people with rubbish hands but i guess they cant be that rubbish if theyve won, it is a lot of mental stability and hope you all do well!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    well done to all of you, is this with that mmt that yove all got in to newcastle?
    Posted by Hevaace1

http://media.skybet.com/creatives_2009/_landing_pages/campaigns/_poker/sky_poker_tour/images/flow_568x400.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2009
    thanks onlyoneCT
  • Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    edited November 2009
    Or in my case it could well be "here I don't come"
    Well done CT and everybody else that have qualified.  Just been KO'd from my 3rd semi (had KQ suited busted by a 10 2 o/s!!).    I'll just have to have another bash at it!!
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    Or in my case it could well be "here I don't come" Well done CT and everybody else that have qualified.  Just been KO'd from my 3rd semi (had KQ suited busted by a 10 2 o/s!!).    I'll just have to have another bash at it!!
    Posted by Dollie
    Very unlucky Dollie - keep trying, I'm sure you'll qualify soon!
  • Options
    TheDentTheDent Member Posts: 33
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Newcastle here i come!!!!:
    After the heartbreak of bubbling in 9th Place on Friday's SPT Satellite (made up for it a couple of hours later by winning the £400 guaranteed comp - very nice £162!!!), I've just qualified for leg 2 in Newcastle in January - GET IN THERE!!!!!! Really happy i've qualified for Leg 2 and i'm going to go into this tourney with the same mindset like i did in leg 1 by enjoying myself, survive till the buffet break (VITAL lol!!) and see what happens after that and if i get another cash then that's a bonus!!. Bring on TKO tomorrow lol!!!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Well done Craig, will hopefully see you there and maybe you will let me knock you out of the tourney this time!!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Newcastle here i come!!!! : Well done Craig, will hopefully see you there and maybe you will let me knock you out of the tourney this time!!
    Posted by TheDent
    Hi Stewart,

In Leg 1 i seemed to have been the instigator of double eliminations in 1 hand from the tourney (I think i did 3 double eliminations in that tournament if memory serves me right and i think overall i eliminated nearly 10% of the overall field by myself lol!!!).

Hope to see you up at Newcastle and hopefully i can do more of the same like i did in leg 1 but as long as i enjoy myself, have a good laugh and play to the best of my ability then that will do me very nicely!.
  • Options
    JAEGERBOMBJAEGERBOMB Member Posts: 1,516
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Newcastle here i come!!!! : Hi Stewart, In Leg 1 i seemed to have been the instigator of double eliminations in 1 hand from the tourney (I think i did 3 double eliminations in that tournament if memory serves me right and i think overall i eliminated nearly 10% of the overall field by myself lol!!!). Hope to see you up at Newcastle and hopefully i can do more of the same like i did in leg 1 but as long as i enjoy myself, have a good laugh and play to the best of my ability then that will do me very nicely!.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    You did great in manchester Craig, all the best for Newcastle
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Newcastle here i come!!!! : Well Done Craig. Looking forward to playing alongside you again I hope. Cheers Kev (AdAmi10)
    Posted by AdAmi10
    Must make sure we are all on Table 13 as that was the hotbed of all the action during leg 1 lol!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Or in my case it could well be "here I don't come" Well done CT and everybody else that have qualified.  Just been KO'd from my 3rd semi (had KQ suited busted by a 10 2 o/s!!).    I'll just have to have another bash at it!!
    Posted by Dollie
    I'm confident you'll be with us for Leg 2 Dollie!!. If there was anyone that i would regard who had a "silent but deadly" killer approach going into that final table at Manchester it had to be yourself and if i didn't have it all my way during the early stages, i honestly did believe that you would make the top 3 as i felt that you were the one to watch out for!.