You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Penguins Bootcamp

Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
edited July 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour

To bolster the community spirit and provide someone with ultimate bragging rights for life, I've organised, with a lot of help from Penguin, some mini club tournaments called Penguin's Bootcamp....

There will be 4 bootcamp qualifiers: Saturday, 4th, 11th , 18th and 25th at 7pm. The tournaments will follow a Deepstack structure, with 5000 starting stack and 12 min blinds - so plenty of room for manoeuvre.

The winner of each tournament will not only win their share of the prize pool, but a seat in a £300 GT Sit n Go on Sunday 26th at 7pm.
Our 4 recruits will take on Matt and Dan as well as each other in order to win the top prize, knockout the gruesome twosome and most importantly claim the title of champion!

If you're up for the challenge then check out the Skypoker lobby. The tournament will become visible 24 hrs before the very first shuffle up and deal!

Any questions - post below!.... and as Penguin says - Quaaaaaaack!

Edit: Unfortunately Matt has had to withdraw due to scheduling difficulty, so Penguin has stepped into the breach! Therefore Dan and Penguin will be playing in the sit n go.

Comments

• Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited June 2009
    had to be a saturday :( i play cricket and most of the time we dont finish till like 7.30 or later! 
  • Options
    _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2009
    Great idea...

I guess the buy-in for these qualifiers will be around the £5 mark...!?
  • Options
    kirstiikirstii Member Posts: 787
    edited June 2009
    We're on the march with penguins army!!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Penguins Bootcamp:
    Great idea... I guess the buy-in for these qualifiers will be around the £5 mark...!?
    Posted by _AppleMac_
    It will be £10 qualifier with places paid out like a tournament. The winner of each of the qualifiers will each be awarded the seat as an "Additional Prize."

Hopefully there will be enough runners to generate a good prize pool and a lot of fun....
  • Options
    _AppleMac__AppleMac_ Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2009
    Sounds like a good idea to me, hopefully it will be a success and more of these types of tourns will be hosted...!
  • Options
    IAMALLIN2IAMALLIN2 Member Posts: 561
    edited June 2009
    I said it before but it is now obvious who is the mastermind behind the club

PENGUIN

Quack Quack

Does not sound right Ling
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Bump!

We need to get some good numbers here chaps - let your friends know!

• Options
    bobcat52bobcat52 Member Posts: 568
    edited July 2009
    Is it true that Penguin is a better player than Dan or Matt?
  • Options
    mike1975mike1975 Member Posts: 420
    edited July 2009

I love the idea, it's just what fans of the club (of which i am one, if u hadn't noticed) will love.

I am disappointed that the buy-in is £11 though, as a new player that is a large chunk of my bankroll (i know, i know ,stop laughing!!! :P). I know it is nothing to most of the regular players, which play in the open most night's, but i was hoping that the club tournament would be more assessable for the new/not very good players like myself.

Oh well, GL to everyone that gets involved and i hope there are many of you, as good ideas like this deserve the support of the community.

• Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited July 2009
    All being well I'll certainly be having a go at least once
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Is it true that Penguin is a better player than Dan or Matt?
    Posted by bobcat52
    Think Penguin thinks they are both fish Bob

Matt with his acting background would probably just nick it

LOL
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Congratulations to Nesser for bagging the first seat in the Sit n Go final!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Congratulations to Royalfife for winning the second seat in PB's Sit n Go final.

It really is worth setting time aside for these satellites, the added value is worth it alone....

Only 2 seats left!
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited July 2009
    sorry sky but this is a joke £11.00 is not cheap 2 end up playing a sng with a £300 prize pool sngs at approx 10/11 on offer better value . sorry but i wont be in delta
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    sorry sky but this is a joke £11.00 is not cheap 2 end up playing a sng with a £300 prize pool sngs at approx 10/11 on offer better value . sorry but i wont be in delta
    Posted by DELTA
    Hi Delta, just to let you know that there will be satellites running on Saturday for Penguin's Bootcamp which should make it affordable for all players. The added value is excellent so I hope that you are successful should you try.
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited July 2009
    ok thx will give it whirl then
  • Options
    MBroughtonMBroughton Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2009
    Penguin rules

hi - just played Penguin heads-up to decide who would take part in the bootcamp SNG. After 6 hours, Penguin took it down with superior play, and some tremendous aggression. Good luck against him. Watch out for his foot.

M
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Congrats to "Thedart" who has booked his place in the bootcamp final!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Penguin rules hi - just played Penguin heads-up to decide who would take part in the bootcamp SNG. After 6 hours, Penguin took it down with superior play, and some tremendous aggression. Good luck against him. Watch out for his foot. M
    Posted by MBroughton
    Nice job Matt, Dan only lasted 30mins
    LOL

Gary