You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

variance is like santa

davetreedavetree Member Posts: 104
edited January 2013 in Community Suggestions

is variance in poker real? Dont put me in area 51 just yet! im having a tough time at the tables at the moment, but the crazy thing is i only seem to win pots with gambling hands like suited gappers etc.

any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    patwalshhpatwalshh Member Posts: 772
    edited November 2012
    In Response to variance is like santa:
    is variance in poker real? Dont put me in area 51 just yet! im having a tough time at the tables at the moment, but the crazy thing is i only seem to win pots with gambling hands like suited gappers etc. any thoughts?
    Posted by davetree
    Solid, solid cash players can have 30-50k break even/downswings. When you're playing 1/2 tables, that's a lot of hours. It's hard, but you just have to take it on the chin and realise that it's a cycle. Eventually you'll suck players out just as bad as they have you, rivering gutshots/hitting runner runner etc. 

Best of luck. 
  • Options
    ZeroGZeroG Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: variance is like santa:
    In Response to variance is like santa : Solid, solid cash players can have 30-50k break even/downswings. When you're playing 1/2 tables, that's a lot of hours. It's hard, but you just have to take it on the chin and realise that it's a cycle. Eventually you'll suck players out just as bad as they have you, rivering gutshots/hitting runner runner etc.  Best of luck. 
    Posted by patwalshh
    Sorry but these statements are not true.  The only way you can suck these people out is if your bankroll allows you to keep playing long enough to beat the variance.  For most new players this is just not the case and unlike other site whereby you can try and build some sort of bank roll sky poker make this next to impossible as the site seems slanted in favour of the common players all the time.  I type this after witnessing some of the worst beats I have seen in probably 2 years of online playing.  I cannot believe it, and sky need to address these issue if they wish to grow at all.