You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

World Open last night

big_mick12big_mick12 Member Posts: 210
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Did anyone watch the world open on channel 5 last night? There was a hand  with Sammy George, Josh Gould and Niel Channing, Sammy had 9s Gould had 4s and Channingh A10.

The flop came A94, Set over set for george and gould.

The turn was A channing now had a set aswel. The money all went in and Channing made a good fold. But how quickly would people in his position be on this forum saying online poker is fixed and it wouldnt happen in a live game. He took it like a man so did Sammy George and got on with the game,

No moaning or tilting they just got on with it becuase the now thats poker and it happens some times.

Comments

• Options
    Hevaace1Hevaace1 Member Posts: 110
    edited November 2009
    i agree, i didnt see it but i know any card any suit could flop then same for turn and river its just a lot of sore loser that you get on every poker site there the ones that cry if you beat them laugh and gloat if they beat you.
  • Options
    gilly128gilly128 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    the thing is, it doesn't happen sometimes.  It happens A lot.  I find that the number of times KK is up against A rag, the ace comes more often than the 28% time its meant to!
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    Ah, the power of a set over trips. This is why there's a big big difference between the two - sounds like a great hand to watch
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: World Open last night:
    the thing is, it doesn't happen sometimes.  It happens A lot.  I find that the number of times KK is up against A rag, the ace comes more often than the 28% time its meant to!
    Posted by gilly128
    There are a couple of contributing factors to this though

1) You see far more hands and only ever recall the bad beats not the times they hold up

2) People are far more likley to call with raggy aces online as they don't have to stick around and accept the chorus of Monkey Boy chants that come across the felt (or thats why i make those calls online and not live anyway lol)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2009
    I just finished watching it, 'twas a great show!

Two points:

1) Jennifer's low-cut top seems to work.
    2) Tom Dwan's girlfriend is most acceptable.

Fin.
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    With all those hole cards Tilly was getting, there's only one comment you can make:

"What a rack!"
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2009
    I think I'm going to watch 'Bound'
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2009
    Good shout noseybonk i think thats in a cupboard somewhere on vhs!
  • Options
    D3ADH4ND5D3ADH4ND5 Member Posts: 189
    edited November 2009
    can i come watch i lost my copy :(

J.T's dress was a very nice blue.... i could hardly look at her face when she was on the screen coz of the.... blueness...
  • Options
    D3ADH4ND5D3ADH4ND5 Member Posts: 189
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: World Open last night:
    In Response to Re: World Open last night : There are a couple of contributing factors to this though 1) You see far more hands and only ever recall the bad beats not the times they hold up 2) People are far more likley to call with raggy aces online as they don't have to stick around and accept the chorus of Monkey Boy chants that come across the felt (or thats why i make those calls online and not live anyway lol)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

MONKEY BOY!!!!!!!

sorry i just had to..... forgive me?