You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Horses for 16/11/12

wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
edited November 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
12.50 Newcastle  Aland Islands
1.15 Cheltenham  Fingal Bay 11/10
2.25                        Dodging Bullets

Win Patent

xxxxx

Singles

4.05 Cheltenham   Pentific 10/1
1.30                          Astracad 4/1
3.00                          Balthazar King 3/1
                                   Sizing Auatralia 6/1
3.35                           Topwood 9/2

Comments

• Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2012
    free world, sizing australia and top wood 3 x doubles and treble all cheltenham, just let the stranger on racing post online dictate my choices but a positive word can be put forward for all 3 so heres hoping
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited November 2012
    Already posted these on shuv thread but just in case

my fancies are

Double Dizzy 33-1 EW
    Jewel of the West 8-1 win or ew , take your pick with a little saver in that race on Amigayle, mostly for old times sake.

Father V
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    we got a tip the other week at down royal at the course from reliable source about SLEW CHARM, was rank outsider @ 25/1 that day in what was otherwise a pretty tight betting heat. managed to get a close 3rd and were happy to place, considering my initial pick, which i disregarded before race as was now favourite and too short a price, fell.

horse is with new stable and one look at the spotlight on racing post will fill the heart with dread as just one win out of 46 (when a 4 year old) and was running off 117 a fortnight ago, now upped to 122, but form on good/good-soft looks marginally better than other runs.

peter carberry a good booking, even though he has no claim, and longshots do well in this race.

having said that the negatives outweigh the pros but with 4 places up for grabs ill be dabbling in that market, in the hope he can run on for 3rd or 4th.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    DYNASTE a natural and is 8/1 for RSA. **** go off fav for this i predict at this early stage, shame he'll find only SEA OF THUNDER too good come march!!! i still havent lost the faith with him!! out tomorrow as well and **** be worth another look in the market. had dynaste on me placer but we couldnt get the hotpot fav beat out of 2nd.  
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Horses for 16/11/12:
    12.50 Newcastle  Aland Islands 1.15 Cheltenham  Fingal Bay 11/10 2.25                        Dodging Bullets Win Patent xxxxx Singles 4.05 Cheltenham   Pentific 10/1 1.30                          Astracad 4/1 3.00                          Balthazar King 3/1                                    Sizing Auatralia 6/1 3.35                           Topwood 9/2
    Posted by wynne1938
    Oh well,another losing day,had 2 winners!

Staked £25 returns £17.50
  • Options
    MUTTZNUTZMUTTZNUTZ Member Posts: 129
    edited November 2012
    Hi can someone tell me what this means I bet all 3 favs to win last 3 races @33-1 and noticed this in the notes If joint or co favs - lowest race card number will be deemed fav.  not sure what it means as new to horse betting all 3 won and I didn't get pain why??
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    it was a special offer - at time of press there were 3 clear favourites, you would have probably had a look and said yes its those 3 that im on,  HOWEVER....... prices can decrease/increase before the off, and therefore one of your selections, if you have not won when you thought you had, have unfortunately slipped from clear favourite to joint favourite (same price as another horse at top of market) or slipped to second favourite and therefore no longer eligable as remeber it may been favourite before the off but the terms of the bet didnt give you the horses names, its purely focused on the favourite and that is the important part to remember.

if what you had in your mind as your pick became joint favourite, ie same price as another fancied horse at top of betting market, then the likliehood is in regards to terms if your horse (or the horse you had believed you were on) was number 6 for example and the other joint favourite was number 2 then the number 2 was now carrying your money, not the number 6 like you had believed

hope this explains it, it is unlucky but rules are rules, you havent backed a horse by name and therefore open to the downfalls such as this. the bookie will not pay as the bet is a loser
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for 16/11/12:
    Hi can someone tell me what this means I bet all 3 favs to win last 3 races @33-1 and noticed this in the notes  If joint or co favs - lowest race card number will be deemed fav.  not sure what it means as new to horse betting all 3 won and I didn't get pain why??
    Posted by MUTTZNUTZ
    Hi m8

Really what Bell said but to put it a bit easier. If all results were won by the outright favourite you win and there is no auguement. However if any were won by a Joint Favourite(ie 2 horses were sent off favourite) or Co-Favourite(3 or more horses went off favourite) then in each case the actual favourite you were on was the one with the lowest racecard number. So I take it at least one of the races was won by a joint or co favourite with a higher number than the horse you were on. By the way which race meeting on which date was it cause I can check it for you.

Father V
  • Options
    shuvshuv Member Posts: 1,436
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Horses for 16/11/12:
    Hi can someone tell me what this means I bet all 3 favs to win last 3 races @33-1 and noticed this in the notes  If joint or co favs - lowest race card number will be deemed fav.  not sure what it means as new to horse betting all 3 won and I didn't get pain why??
    Posted by MUTTZNUTZ
    Well assuming you did this today it would have been at Wolverhampton as thats the only meeting the last 3 favs won.  Two of those races had join favourites,

Race 1 - 6.45 - Contributer 15/8f won

Race 2 - Anjaz and Grey Mirage both went of 7/2 fav, Anjaz was racecard number 6 whilst Grey Mirage was number 7. so you neeeded Anjaz to win which it did.

Race 3 - Taro Tywod and Sweet Liberta went off as joint 3/1 favouritees, Taro Tywod was number 12 and Sweet Liberta was number 11, so you needed Sweet Liberta to win but unfortunately for you it was Taro Tywod that won.

It was particualry unlucky because why you put your bet on Taro Tywod would have been the clear favourite but drifted out whilst Sweet Liberta was backed.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Very unlucky