You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Letting some steam off.

HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Had the worse night ever basically.

Lost half my BR so withdrew the other half to stop me from donking it off.

Need some ideas of how to refresh myself.

I was thinking no poker over the weekend, play my live game on monday to get me going again then come back nice and refreshed on Tuesday.

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    i know how you feel, i looked at my account page and the whole column is red lol,the only advice i can give is to not chase wins and keep to within your budget as this can only cause more problems ( tilt).  Try the £1 DYM or £2 deepy or a  2p/4p cash to get your confidence back up, it works for me - unless you lose these as well lol
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    I have had the same problem over the last two days.
    I went down a level once my BR dropped to keep within my limits and just kept grinding away and finally cashed in a DYM game after 14 consectutive loses.
    If you feel that a break from online play will help you then that is the best way to go.
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    yes take a break 4 a few days so u can get used to ur new unimproved br.  sounds daft but works 4 me
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    thats what poker doas, ur either doing amazingly well or its kicking you in the balls over and over again. when i go on a downward spiral i yake a small break as you suggested.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

I cant see a break helping. When a football team takes a kickin on a saturday, the players and manager always say they're glad they have a game the following tuesday so they can get straight back into it and set the record straight.

You did well to stop playing in that session, thats where a break is good, the final whistle is always welcome when ur 5-0 down.

However ida just slammed mi lappy shut, wudnt have withdrawn. Your lower bankroll will focus your mind, wether it be at your usual stakes, or lower games. If anything, play more, but at lower levels.

If you take a break over the weekend I bet you will be constantly thinking about poker. Best way is to get str8 bak in today, focus ur mind, grind, n win! gl

DOHH

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    seriously, you have to get ur mind used to ur new br or you will be in the chasing mentality.  In a few days, ur new br will sink in and you will play accordingly.  Otherwise you will be playing to ur old br which can lead to all sorts of problems.  Self harming, suicidal tendancies, binge drinking (not really a problem)...etc...

I took a big hit last night and not going to play 4 a few days, just post sh11111t on here to get my head round it, not saying this post is sh1111111t obv but thats (mass) debatable. which also helps. red tube or boys food aint bad lol

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Letting some steam off.:
    I cant see a break helping. When a football team takes a kickin on a saturday, the players and manager always say they're glad they have a game the following tuesday so they can get straight back into it and set the record straight. You did well to stop playing in that session, thats where a break is good, the final whistle is always welcome when ur 5-0 down. However ida just slammed mi lappy shut, wudnt have withdrawn. Your lower bankroll will focus your mind, wether it be at your usual stakes, or lower games. If anything, play more, but at lower levels. If you take a break over the weekend I bet you will be constantly thinking about poker. Best way is to get str8 bak in today, focus ur mind, grind, n win! gl DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    well done dohhh you have really got in to the forum spirit ,

congrats m8y great advice ,

dealing with the bad runs / and not tilting is key in poker,

i have went through this over and over  and over again.

but have come back to winning ways .
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    I'd definately take a break, I know that when I hit a bad run taking two or three days away from the tables really helps and if I do get anymore badbeats they don't seem to hurt quite so much.
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009
    Take a break!! I took a couple of weeks of during september and it really did pay off.