You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Memory Issues when running more than 3-4 Tables Help Please

DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
edited November 2012 in Community Help & Advice

Hi, I mainly play cash but when i try to play 4/5 or 6 tables it starts lagging or freezing or both

My is Question is how much RAM would i need on my lappy to fix this problem

Comments

• Options
    belsibubbelsibub Member Posts: 2,527
    edited November 2012
    I'd be surprised if it was lack ram causing the problem sky software is more processor hungry.
    How much ram do you have?
    What is your broadband latency(ping)?As high ping can cause lag.Google "ping test"
    You could try monitoring your pc using windows "resource monitor" while playing to see how much stress is on the cpu or ram playing poker.Just bring up the start menu and search for "resource monitor",there are tabs for overview,cpu,memory,disk & network at top.
  • Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited November 2012
    In Response to Re: Memory Issues when running more than 3-4 Tables Help Please:
    I'd be surprised if it was lack ram causing the problem sky software is more processor hungry. How much ram do you have? What is your broadband latency(ping)?As high ping can cause lag.Google "ping test" You could try monitoring your pc using windows "resource monitor" while playing to see how much stress is on the cpu or ram playing poker.Just bring up the start menu and search for "resource monitor",there are tabs for overview,cpu,memory,disk & network at top.
    Posted by belsibub

Many thanks Bel for the info, not to up on computer jargon will get some help to show me where these things are on my lappy.
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited November 2012
    Which version of windows are you running?