You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Roll Building

ginge999ginge999 Member Posts: 95
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hey guys its been a while since ive been playing 'properly' on here. Thought on sunday i would bang a few quid on and see if i can do something. started with £12 on sunday night now up to £185 which im pretty chuffed with ive been playing cash games blinds 5p10p and been playing 3 tables at once. can anyone suggest how i can turn this in to a proper roll as im desperate to keep this up :)

thanx Ginge9999 (Tom)

Comments

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    put it all on red on the roulette table in skyvegas - i hope this helps
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    LOL i did this once with my entire br about a year ago started with 400 and lost, i wish sometimes some people wouldnt post if they have nothing useful to say
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2009
    Sounds like as long as you don't move up the levels to quickly you're on the right track.Good luck.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Roll Building:
    LOL i did this once with my entire br about a year ago started with 400 and lost, i wish sometimes some people wouldnt post if they have nothing useful to say
    Posted by ginge999
    If this happened the forum would be a very dull place - and anyway who appointed you as the moderator of whats useless or beneficial, i was only trying to help you, when you ask a question dont just disregard the replies if you dont agree with them - now go and put it all on red now !!!
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    black.......no red..........no black..........then red
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    wow, im impressed well done! you dont want my advice on how to keep it up, believe me.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

If youve turned 12 quid into 185 quid within a week, then why wud u wanna change?? lol. Do the same for another 5 weeks and uv got urself a grand.. If it aint broke.... ;)

Maybe enter a couple of biggish mtts, try n make a big leap, whilst playing 2 cash tables, insted of all 3 cash. If u bust out the tourny, ull probably make the buy in bak simultaniously on the other 2 tables u r plaing.

DOHH

• Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    Don't do anything different, play at this level as your obviously killing the games because if you get a variance swing at a higher level then you will wipe it out. Theres only 2 sure fire ways to build a "proper BR".

Either save up and deposit the roll your looking to work with or continue to play within what you have until your roll is sufficent to move up. I only put enough cash on here to play the games I want to play (mainly MTT's) so i don't specifically keep a bank roll on sky, but if were going to play most of my cash games on here then i would do it by depositing enough to play at the limit i'm comfortable with and then move up once i've played enough to increase the roll to a decent amount.

I'm not saying don't take a shot at the bigger games because i love to do this, but i'm also not under the illusion that this will be the correct way to build a bankroll. If i do this then i normally make a few hundred and cash it out to buy something nice, bankroll building has to be done within the limits of a mangement system really
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Roll Building : If this happened the forum would be a very dull place - and anyway who appointed you as the moderator of whats useless or beneficial, i was only trying to help you, when you ask a question dont just disregard the replies if you dont agree with them - now go and put it all on red now !!!
    Posted by loonytoons
    Not so sure about a dull place but when a blokes asking for serious advice/help thats probably what he wants. Theres a new post all about elves and sky santas for people who wanna have 'fun'.

DOHH
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    thanks for the great advise chaps, its just ive turned small amounts in to fairly large amounts quickly in the past and ive always hit a bad run and lost my roll, at 5p10p the standard of play is fairly poor no disrespect to anyone who plays this level. i cant really play the larger MTT's as i work until 11pm :(. and my bankroll management skills are fairly poor tbf as ive lost my roll around 4 times :( from winning quickly.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Wow well u must have an erratic style of play then. £180.....9 buy ins at 5p-10p shud be enuff if ur that much ahead of the game. the buy in at 10p-20p on sky is the same, maybe try that?

Maybe when u reach a certain level with ur poker balance u relax and start playing differently, Withdraw 100, n when u look at a balance of 80 it will focus ur mind and ensure u dnt make mistakes. If u get unlucky or hit some sik beats, the other 100 is waiting in the bank to be used.

Just trying to figure out how u can keep blowing ur roll playing within ur means.....

Concentration/complacency issues is all I can think of.

GL, ill come have u a game if ya on this aft, DOHHH
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Ok thanks mate well ye when i lose a big hand i tilt quit easily this is what i need to get out of tbf. yea we will have a game later i dont have work today :D im gona stick it out at 5p/10p i think mate until i hit the £400 mark then i will go to up to 10p/20p

Ginge999
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    Wow well u must have an erratic style of play then. £180.....9 buy ins at 5p-10p shud be enuff if ur that much ahead of the game. the buy in at 10p-20p on sky is the same, maybe try that? Maybe when u reach a certain level with ur poker balance u relax and start playing differently, Withdraw 100, n when u look at a balance of 80 it will focus ur mind and ensure u dnt make mistakes. If u get unlucky or hit some sik beats, the other 100 is waiting in the bank to be used. Just trying to figure out how u can keep blowing ur roll playing within ur means..... Concentration/complacency issues is all I can think of. GL, ill come have u a game if ya on this aft, DOHHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    A 10 buy in swing isn't that unheard of so i would probably not play higher than you are for a little while if you are serious about trying to keep the roll going. Why not try some DYM's to help with building, you should be able to make consistant profit and if you play the £5 buy in's then your roll will be sufficent
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Thanks for yor advise AA's :)
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited November 2009
    i lost more than 10 buy ins in a few days, it happens
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    Don't move up until you've had a downswing and recovered at NL10 is the only advice i'll give.