You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

how tf can he call???

themackemthemackem Member Posts: 195
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
tallboy Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £41.94
themackem Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £36.09
  Your hole cards

DDDD535 Fold     
zxsprn Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £109.11
tallboy Fold     
themackem Call  £1.00 £3.25 £35.09
Flop

themackem Check     
zxsprn Check     
Turn

themackem Bet  £2.00 £5.25 £33.09
zxsprn Raise  £7.44 £12.69 £101.67
themackem Raise  £12.50 £25.19 £20.59
zxsprn Call  £7.06 £32.25 £94.61
River

themackem All-in  £20.59 £52.84 £0.00
zxsprn Call  £20.59 £73.43 £74.02
themackem Show

zxsprn Show
  • K

zxsprn Win Full House, 4s and 9s £35.81  £109.83
themackem Win Full House, 4s and 9s £35.82  £35.82

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    im refering to the turn betting not the river
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi Lee

Any 2 soooted, nearly like being called wiv AQ off ;)
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009

I'm not saying if he is right or wrong to think it but i would guess that he doesn't think your calling with a PP pre flop(probably expecting a re-raise) and the only thing other than that which stops him sharing the pot is a 9. As only 2 left he may well of also dismissed this from you range (again not saying he is right to do so).

That is by the river though, why he's calling 3 bets on the turn i don't know, but in fairness i'm also not sure why your making 3 bets into the preflop raiser on the turn. He has you beat here and you know it (as your six high with a draw and possibly up against a possible house) but your counting on him laying it down. As he called King high there was obviously no way he would have put down say pocket 10's or JJ's.

I would say there is either history here meaning he just flat out wasn't going to beleive your bluff or there was no history and you didn't know what he was capable of folding but tried to buy the pot anyway. I like it i'm a fan of buying the pot lol and maybe a better player would look for a different spot against you than calling for a split.

*** Addition, didn't see your second post while i was writing my mamouth response, why does he call the turn? don't know? lol ****
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

If a pro did that he'd be labelled a genius!

The river call is as bad if not worse than the turn.

If on the turn uve decided (in your head) to risk your stack to make him fold on the river, I would have made the third turn raise bigger, committing urself to the hand. Maybe just leave yourself £5 behind, or go all in. You raised from 7.50 to 12.50. Maybe define ur hand/bluff by raising to 22.50.

Some call though I must admit.

DOHH
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: how tf can he call???:
    I'm not saying if he is right or wrong to think it but i would guess that he doesn't think your calling with a PP pre flop(probably expecting a re-raise) and the only thing other than that which stops him sharing the pot is a 9. As only 2 left he may well of also dismissed this from you range (again not saying he is right to do so). That is by the river though, why he's calling 3 bets on the turn i don't know, but in fairness i'm also not sure why your making 3 bets into the preflop raiser on the turn. He has you beat here and you know it (as your six high with a draw and possibly up against a possible house) but your counting on him laying it down. As he called King high there was obviously no way he would have put down say pocket 10's or JJ's. I would say there is either history here meaning he just flat out wasn't going to beleive your bluff or there was no history and you didn't know what he was capable of folding but tried to buy the pot anyway. I like it i'm a fan of buying the pot lol and maybe a better player would look for a different spot against you than calling for a split. *** Addition, didn't see your second post while i was writing my mamouth response, why does he call the turn? don't know? lol ****
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
     the player was raising every hand and always winning with junk at the show down...... 73 being the worst.....

needless to say 20mins later he was broke !!!!
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: how tf can he call???:
    In Response to Re: how tf can he call??? :  the player was raising every hand and always winning with junk at the show down...... 73 being the worst..... needless to say 20mins later he was broke !!!!
    Posted by themackem
    Ahh, that makes sense. i hope he dumped his chips to you :)
  • Options
    Hale72Hale72 Member Posts: 1,000
    edited November 2009
    Go over to Titan mate.

Over there K7 is quite an acceptable hand to call an all in with!!

In a SNG, anything above ace 5/K9 is an insta call to an all in.

They also consider any overcards to the board the nuts.

I will never, ever, moan about bad play on Sky again.

Mind you, in a week, I have earned more there than I did in a month here!
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009
    Think he must have had notes on you Lee. Can't see any other reason how you could call the turn there