You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

didn't see this coming...

cal69cal69 Member Posts: 34
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Big Up!!

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

any point to this? wish the ladies n gents that gave me stick a couple of week ago wud read this!

DOHH

• Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2009
    No expert Cal but in the long run your play with A 7 is going to leave you broke
  • Options
    kalooki8kalooki8 Member Posts: 442
    edited November 2009
    ps Dohhh - whatever mate - you get off with trying to brush people up the wrong way - you've certainly made a name for yourself lol
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited November 2009

re raise with a7 is not a play i would recommend to anyone

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited November 2009
    Well I would of folded A7 after the raise, this is certainly not a time to go all in. But I hope you learn from this and it may help improve your game.

Good Luck
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009

Not gonna help ne1 by pretending. I love plaing raggy, mid, strong aces very aggressively in tournys! 6 handed especially!

But still, after all the stik i got for a useless post, i rekon this is even worse!

DOHH
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2009
    brilliant post--well played---fanfloppintastic!!!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: didn't see this coming...:
    Not gonna help ne1 by pretending. I love plaing raggy, mid, strong aces very aggressively in tournys! 6 handed especially! But still, after all the stik i got for a useless post, i rekon this is even worse! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I'm not sure even now you've worked this out.

You were rude & personally aggressive - several times, in several Posts, to several prople. That's why you got stick. Now every other Post you make you refer to it. You need to get over it, & move on.

You told me you wanted to make a name for yourself. That box is ticked.

You also told me it's just an act, as you believe all successful Poker Pros have to be rude & aggressive at the Table to succeed. I think you need to re-visit that one.

You have great - terrific - poker skills. Once you get a handle on people skills, (far more useful) you'll be a successful poker player.
  • Options
    chirkerchirker Member Posts: 160
    edited November 2009
    n Response to Re: didn't see this coming...:
    In Response to Re: didn't see this coming... : I'm not sure even now you've worked this out. You were rude & personally aggressive - several times, in several Posts, to several prople. That's why you got stick. Now every other Post you make you refer to it. You need to get over it, & move on. You told me you wanted to make a name for yourself. That box is ticked. You also told me it's just an act, as you believe all successful Poker Pros have to be rude & aggressive at the Table to succeed. I think you need to re-visit that one. You have great - terrific - poker skills. Once you get a handle on people skills, (far more useful) you'll be a successful poker player.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Personally, I think without charachter's like this, and other's who rub people up the wrong way, this site would be far worse off. Just like live poker would be, without Helmuth and co.
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: didn't see this coming... : I'm not sure even now you've worked this out. You were rude & personally aggressive - several times, in several Posts, to several prople. That's why you got stick. Now every other Post you make you refer to it. You need to get over it, & move on. You told me you wanted to make a name for yourself. That box is ticked. You also told me it's just an act, as you believe all successful Poker Pros have to be rude & aggressive at the Table to succeed. I think you need to re-visit that one. You have great - terrific - poker skills. Once you get a handle on people skills, (far more useful) you'll be a successful poker player.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I would rather be loved and poor than rich and lonely.

On another note, I  have been away from the forum for a few days and I have a lot of gossip to catch up on.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    well said tikay
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: didn't see this coming... : I would rather be loved and poor than rich and lonely. On another note, I  have been away from the forum for a few days and I have a lot of gossip to catch up on.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Would rather be loved and rich, than loved and poor, sadly i'm neither.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited November 2009
    n Response to Re: didn't see this coming... : Personally, I think without charachter's like this, and other's who rub people up the wrong way, this site would be far worse off. Just like live poker would be, without Helmuth and co.
    Posted by chirker
    I agree but theres a time and a place for these comments, and to target a poster who is obviously new to here (12 posts) is pathetic, the player appears not to be tactically aware of his/her situation, and to just deride them is not cool.
    It verges on bullying, have you noticed that cal69 has not responded on here.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: didn't see this coming... : Would rather be loved and rich, than loved and poor, sadly i'm neither.
    Posted by chirker
    I am aiming for 'comfortable' and loved lol... well managed to crash out of the super 6 freeroll.. boooo

• Options
    edited November 2009
    n Response to Re: didn't see this coming... : Personally, I think without charachter's like this, and other's who rub people up the wrong way, this site would be far worse off. Just like live poker would be, without Helmuth and co.
    Posted by chirker
    Characters are fine & dandy, but when it crosses the line into having pops at people like AceBarry, who's only fault was to help promote Tourneys, or new, "non-Forum savvy" Members, then most right-minded folks would say that's a step too far. 

The difficulty in conveying humour via the wriitten word does not help, especially as, bizarrely, we don't have smileys.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited November 2009
    Posted by chirker
    +1  Why is it everyone is having a go at DOHHH ?

• Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: didn't see this coming... : Characters are fine & dandy, but when it crosses the line into having pops at people like AceBarry, who's only fault was to help promote Tourneys, or new, "non-Forum savvy" Members, then most right-minded folks would say that's a step too far.  The difficulty in conveying humour via the wriitten word does not help, especially as, bizarrely, we don't have smileys.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I just think some people need to lighten up a bit, if everybody agree's with the person who put's up a post, then there's no point in posting. I happen to think acebarry does a great job on the forum, but i didn't think the post's about him were that bad. It seem's that when somebody has a "so called pop" at one of the forum favourite's, he's attacked by everyone. Having  different opinion does not make him wrong, neither does having a different personality.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

It's so sad to see this happening.

A guy wants to make a name for himself, so deliberately Posts controversially, & in some cases rudely, attracking individuals. All as part of an agenda.

Members then start taking sides, squabbles start, Community friends fall out, & it goes downhill from there.

It's called Trolling, & it has torn apart many a Forum.

Be such a shame to see it happen here.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I do't see any real harm done here, i certainly don't want to fall out with anybody. I respect all forum members, and just want to see more balanced post's, not all one sided. I apologise if i have offended anyone,m no intent meant.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    It's so sad to see this happening. A guy wants to make a name for himself, so deliberately Posts controversially, & in some cases rudely, attracking individuals. All as part of an agenda. Members then start taking sides, squabbles start, Community friends fall out, & it goes downhill from there. It's called Trolling, & it has torn apart many a Forum. Be such a shame to see it happen here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    +1

I think some of our friends on here and other members need to be 'made aware' of this activity and realise it 'can be' part of a pre-meditated attempt to destroy goodwill that has been nurtured on here over a number of months.

Our friend Barry is a prime target for trolling as the troller can see he is loved and will be controversial and step back and light the fuse.

I hope our forum stay strong and stays together. See you at the table everyone :)

Glum