You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

TIDAL BAY -LEXUS CHASE

vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,315
edited December 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Wanted Flemenstar to win but backed Tidal Bay and what a win.

Find an archive to watch the race it was a **** of a run and brilliant Ruby walsh again

Comments

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited December 2012
    In Response to TIDAL BAY -LEXUS CHASE:
    Wanted Flemenstar to win but backed Tidal Bay and what a win. Find an archive to watch the race it was a **** of a run and brilliant Ruby walsh again
    Posted by vaigret

Hi Father V, wd on the winner, and yes was a fab race. Two things stood out for me from it. Flemenstar @ 4/1 good value for the Ryanair Chase. And don't write off Sir Des Champs for the Gold Cup. Never jumped a fence today and still only beat 2 lengths. 
  • Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited December 2012
    In Response to TIDAL BAY -LEXUS CHASE:
    Wanted Flemenstar to win but backed Tidal Bay and what a win. Find an archive to watch the race it was a **** of a run and brilliant Ruby walsh again
    Posted by vaigret
    Gotta say this was the best ride I think I've seen Ruby give a horse.Not his biggest fan but he was like McCoy in the finish.(his ride in the race before was equally brilliant I might add)
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    edited December 2012
    Great horse, great ride, great race!
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited December 2012
    I selected Tidal Bay amongst my selections for today,but chickened out and took it out of my selections!

I did not have a bet in this race! Too much respect for the first 2 in the betting!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I have just watched it again and have to agree with jackda, best ride ever from Ruby. Four out Tidal Bay was going up and down on the spot and he made jumping errors as well but Ruby held him together and then twice  went for gaps that wasnt there but the horse was brave and twice got through. 

Joesman, I note what you say but as I have said Tidal bay made errors as well and I think the hill and the extra furlongs will mean Tidal Bay(8-1) will beat all these again if going for the Gold Cup. Also the form with First Leiutenant from the Hennessy was franked. Now the question will be can Bobs Worth(3-1) beat Tidal Bay at level weights. Ground will be the factor and if it continues raining I cant see Tidal Bay not finishing in first three and he would probably win it. 
  • Options
    bazzer61bazzer61 Member Posts: 404
    edited December 2012
    Father V-the race should be on racing post site  by now.
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: TIDAL BAY -LEXUS CHASE:
    I have just watched it again and have to agree with jackda, best ride ever from Ruby. Four out Tidal Bay was going up and down on the spot and he made jumping errors as well but Ruby held him together and then twice  went for gaps that wasnt there but the horse was brave and twice got through.  Joesman, I note what you say but as I have said Tidal bay made errors as well and I think the hill and the extra furlongs will mean Tidal Bay(8-1) will beat all these again if going for the Gold Cup. Also the form with First Leiutenant from the Hennessy was franked. Now the question will be can Bobs Worth(3-1) beat Tidal Bay at level weights. Ground will be the factor and if it continues raining I cant see Tidal Bay not finishing in first three and he would probably win it. 
    Posted by vaigret
    Having wrote what I did, I still think Bobs Worth is the one to beat. Bit of a side step I know, but before Simonsig ran the other day I put him in a Cheltenham treble with Sprinter Sacre and Dynaste. 2/1 1/2 & 5/2. 15/1 ish the lot. 
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Hi joesman

Looks like they fancy the World Hurdle with Tidal Bay so wouldnt disagree with Bobs Worth for Gold Cup.
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited December 2012
    ive been keen on Bobs worth all season and i also went straight to the 'flemenstar for ryanair camp' immediately after an absolutely breathtaking Lexus, given that he travelled like an absolute dream for most of the contest but today read the very astute graham cunninghams blog on sportinglife about it all, calling it a rash decision to dismiss the fact Flemenstar will not stay 3 miles and im starting to come around as well.

ive no link for it but check it out its an interesting assessment

and as pointed out above about sir des champs, im actually more intrigued by him as a major gold cup contender in the wake of his close hoome 4th on friday than i would of been after all the hype since jewson win last march saw him installed as antepost favourite for the big one. your right he didnt jump a fence and finsihed so close, he clearly has to come into the reckoning at a course he thrives on.

the thing with bobs worth is since his breathing op, hes looked a really tricky horse to pass in both the RSA and Hennesey and if he gets in front come march itll be hard to get by him

roll on the gold cup gonna be tasty