You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WELSH NATIONAL

BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
edited January 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
teaforthree has been well supported antepost but the one i really like, given the withdrawel of last years victor Le Beau Bai is last years PU beaten favourite VIKING BLOND. trainer and jockey been very bullish in the press about his chances this time around, with Son Sam stating they now know how to ride him and hes coming of age and raring to go for this race which again has been the long term target. could not fault in either prep run, one chase one hurdles and with 2 course wins and acting on the ground must hold a big chance

VIKING BLOND 7/1 general

Comments

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited January 2013
    Got a bit of a result with it getting postponed last week as the Real McCoy now gets the leg up on my Ante Post bet Teaforthree. He knows the horse inside out, but was engaged in Ireland on the original date. He took to this course great last year with McCoy, and his 1st two runs this year were just schooling missions for this. Not gonna pick up the points I wanted for my Tote Ten To Follow now, but hey ho, least I'm on at his opening price for the race. 
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    yeah you got a much fancier price than the stingey 3/1 available as we speak and you should get a very good run, the stat of hennesey horses not going well here could also maybe be eclipsed given the postponement of 2 weeks, ive still got it in back of my mind that he'll flop, then go under radar for the big one at aintree ala Mon Mome and romp home there!!! not that i envisage any 100/1 being available this time around
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    once Monbeg Dude got into 5th he was never not wiinning, graham cunningham speaking on ch4 now saying you couldn t take anything for granted but he was winner all over, given my pick finished 3rd to him at Prestbury Park this season i should have had a saver but hey ho great ride from Paul Carberry as weve come to expect, no1 better at picking them off imo , hope youd TFT e/w at fancier prices
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited January 2013
    Already had done two in race and was going to do a saver on Monbeg but didnt and after five fences I was glad I didnt LOL. If he could jump he would be a very good horse. 
  • Options
    edited January 2013

true 5 in youd have crumpled up your docket but 5 out you were standing at the counter waiting to be paid a superb ride

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited January 2013
    Gutted, bad day all round. Watched race from DTD in Notts. It touched 1.3 in running. Nope did it on the nose, so zilch return. To finish day off nicely, bust out of poker @ 2.08am, 12 mins before end of day one. Pushed my 75k stack (13 BB) AQ into Queens and didn't hit. Finished 110 ish out of 700 ish runners, top 80 paid. Hey ho!!!