You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Advice on game at home

I've been playing Sky Poker for a while now and decided to host a little friendly game with some friends at home after receiving a 300 piece 4 colour poker set for Christmas. Could anyone advise how to set up chip stacks and blind levels to make a game of around 2 1/2 to 3 hours for 5 players. Chips distribution is 100 white 100 blue 50 red and 50 green.

My initial thought was a 2000 starting stack with each player getting 20 white (10s) 10 blues (40s) 9 reds (100s) and 1 green (500).

Thanks,

clong9

Comments

• Options
    10NGY10NGY Member Posts: 108
    edited January 2013
    Sorry it came up as anonymous I musn't have been signed in when I posted!
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited January 2013
    Have you thought about running it as a cash game but without the cash involved if you want to keep it friendly?

So you could all start with a certain ammount of chips and then if anybody tops up just make a note of the ammounts.

Then after a certain period the winner is the one with the most chips.

This then ensures everybody gets to play for the full ammount of time.

• Options
    MachkaMachka Member Posts: 4,627
    edited January 2013
    At SPT weekends we usually play lots of SnG's with around 9 people.  We play with 2000 or 3000 chips and have 10 minute blinds.  Those usually finish in around 60 - 90 minutes.

I'd say have some shorter SnG's rather than aim for a longer 3 hour structure.

If 2 people got knocked out after 10 minutes it would be pretty boring watching the others for the next 3 hours!