You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Blue screen of death

ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
edited January 2013 in Community Help & Advice
Caused me to buy a  pc. Anyone know what it is and if there is a fi. Everyone i mentioned this to says my old pc is finished.

Comments

• Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited January 2013
    Could be anything tbh. Not sure you needed to buy a new pc.

Can be caused by a piece of hardware failing or a problem with a driver.

Had you updated anything recently before it started? How often did it happen? Had you been doing anything just before the bsod would appear?

You can use this to examine the dump file to narrow down the culprit.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463009.aspx

• Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Blue screen of death:
    Could be anything tbh. Not sure you needed to buy a new pc. Can be caused by a piece of hardware failing or a problem with a driver. Had you updated anything recently before it started? How often did it happen? Had you been doing anything just before the bsod would appear? You can use this to examine the dump file to narrow down the culprit. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463009.aspx
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Thanks acidman, my old pc had auto updates so I cant really answer your question. The BSOD was crashing my pc everytime I tried to download something to try and fix it, I have seen the link you provided but never got to use it because the pc would crash every 5 mins. 

I now have a windows 8 HP all in one PC, it wasnt specifically bought for poker but can comfortably take 9 tables with no overlap more than enough for me. Pretty neat piece of kit which was paid for out of december c4p and profits.  
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    OK no biggy then if you've already bought a replacement.

Do you like Windows 8?

• Options
    edited January 2013
    OK no biggy then if you've already bought a replacement. Do you like Windows 8?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Its too early to tell but I feel I need a training course !  Big changes with this version, its very bold of microsoft. 
  • Options
    WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited January 2013
    I have had this, all you have to do (can be tricky if the blue screen flashes for less than a second) take note of the long number at the bottom, then google it, it will then tell you what to do (it will take you to random tech forums, someone is bound to have had the same problem)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I have had this, all you have to do (can be tricky if the blue screen flashes for less than a second) take note of the long number at the bottom, then google it, it will then tell you what to do (it will take you to random tech forums, someone is bound to have had the same problem)
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    You can change the settings to stop your PC from rebooting when you get a bsod. This gives you more time.

You can also view the dump files that can tell you the problem.