You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

calling tikay.

LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
knowing how much you love sky poker and particularly the "community" feel, i trust you must be alarmed to see that a sky poker player is asking for "fellow" sky players to be banned from the site,im sure there are many players on the site(myself included) who are ready to move to higher stakes if they had just "slightly" more confidence in the software,however having seen a recent attempt to ban fellow players from playing here it makes me question the comradery...i would imagine that sky poker itself does not appreciate the thread in question  as it goes clearly against the idea of a "community" of players and harks back to the days of "telling teacher".....i would appreciate your opinion on this if possible.

Comments

• Sky_PeterSky_Peter Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2009
    In Response to calling tikay.:
    knowing how much you love sky poker and particularly the "community" feel, i trust you must be alarmed to see that a sky poker player is asking for "fellow" sky players to be banned from the site,im sure there are many players on the site(myself included) who are ready to move to higher stakes if they had just "slightly" more confidence in the software,however having seen a recent attempt to ban fellow players from playing here it makes me question the comradery...i would imagine that sky poker itself does not appreciate the thread in question  as it goes clearly against the idea of a "community" of players and harks back to the days of "telling teacher".....i would appreciate your opinion on this if possible.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    LONGPLAY - if you think any contributor has crossed the line - then let us know by reporting it using the tools on the community. We'll review and take action as appropriate.

From our point of view we want to get the balance right between letting the community moderate itself and having to intervene. It's quickly becoming apparent that we have a wide variety of players on the community with an even wider range of views - nevertheless we will still apply the house rules.

In terms of banning a certain player at the request of another player - I've posted elsewhere what we do regarding unacceptable behaviour on the forum - we take a similar stance in the poker rooms. Overall we'll decide using our own judgemnent based on the facts of the situation as we perceive them

Regards

Peter