You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Treble Your Money SNG's

RattiousRattious Member Posts: 382
edited December 2009 in Community Suggestions
Same six seater format but the 1st two players take 50% each.

EDIT - See posts below and vote then please!

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Also should there be a spell check for muppets like me - trebble indeed!
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited December 2009
    you spelt it correct first time, second time was wrong and its a bad idea imo
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Treble Your Money SNG's:
    you spelt it correct first time, second time was wrong and its a bad idea imo
    Posted by webby234
    I noticed that I had spelled incorrectly in the vote and posted a comment on that because I cant change that section of the first vote.

Why do you think it is a bad idea?
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2009
    I'd prefer one where 5/6 cash...I have a name already..."Increase your stake by 9.09090909090909%"...catchy huh?

Oh, i voted no by the way ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I'd prefer one where 5/6 cash...I have a name already..."Increase your stake by 9.09090909090909%"...catchy huh? Oh, i voted no by the way ;)
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Lol wouldnt work on the £2+ 25p tables though
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited December 2009
    lol
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Treble Your Money SNG's : I noticed that I had spelled incorrectly in the vote and posted a comment on that because I cant change that section of the first vote. Why do you think it is a bad idea?
    Posted by Rattious
    6 players top 2 get paid? may as well call it a scary treble your money, i just dont see it working
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Treble Your Money SNG's : 6 players top 2 get paid? may as well call it a scary treble your money, i just dont see it working
    Posted by webby234
    Hi Webby, not sure how it equates to a scary tournie - thats the blind structure not the payout. 

Treble your money SNG's do work, the format is alrewady out on other sites alongside DYM and reg SNG's - I think its a good compromise particularly as DYM are nearly always dominated by one or two players in my experience.

Alnd as pez pointed towards (in a round about manner ;0) double your money is really increase your money by 82% and treble would increase your money by 173% helping you beat the rake, that has to be a good propostion if you feel confident that you are in the best 2/6 and not just the in the best 3/6 players on a table.
  • Options
    SunnyPalmsSunnyPalms Member Posts: 62
    edited December 2009
    Sounds good to me
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited December 2009
    Hi Rattious

This has been suggested before but the idea put forward (which was well received) was a 12 man field and top 4 treble up.

Don't like the idea of 2 from 6.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hi Rattious This has been suggested before but the idea put forward (which was well received) was a 12 man field and top 4 treble up. Don't like the idea of 2 from 6.
    Posted by achill
    Hi Achill,

I dont like the idea of 4 from 12 with 2 tables, when its 7 handed the short stack on the table of 3 has to face more blinds than the short stack on the 4 handed table and thats not fair when theres only 3 to go to 4 equal cash places.

• Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Treble Your Money SNG's : Hi Achill, I dont like the idea of 4 from 12 with 2 tables, when its 7 handed the short stack on the table of 3 has to face more blinds than the short stack on the 4 handed table and thats not fair when theres only 3 to go to 4 equal cash places.
    Posted by Rattious
    Like the idea, and what you've said above raises a problem that sky badly need to deal with which is hand for hand play
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Treble Your Money SNG's : Like the idea, and what you've said above raises a problem that sky badly need to deal with which is hand for hand play
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I absolutely agree about the hand for hand play
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oops I bumped into this....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well last attempt to get some interest in this -

FLOPPING BUMP!
  • Options
    SamJaySamJay Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Treble Your Money SNG's:
    Same six seater format but the 1st two players take 50% each. EDIT - See posts below and vote then please!
    Posted by Rattious
    I tried to make the same post for this idea but i cant find it lol.. So i clearly think it would b a good idea but definately not the 6 man a 12 or 18 would suit the format better i would have thought.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited December 2009
    I can't see any harm in giving it a trial see how much interest there really is.
  • Options
    cumminscummins Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2009
    is this idea a bottle out of heads up?

either have to do top 4 of 12 or top 6 of 18... or its just the same as normal 6 seaters only its more rewarding if your rubbish heads up..

other ideas you could have just a regular MTT's like satalites where 1 in 3 places get paid... but this could be adjusted to quad ups etc... so 1 in 4 share prize money.. 

Say theres 40 in the field in a £3.30 game..   and its 1 in 4.. top 10 get £12 each..
    and say theres 32 in a 1 in 3... insted of top 11 getting paid and 11th only making a double up.. that money gets added to 1st.. so its a bit more rewarding to finish 1st
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    is this idea a bottle out of heads up? either have to do top 4 of 12 or top 6 of 18... or its just the same as normal 6 seaters only its more rewarding if your rubbish heads up.. other ideas you could have just a regular MTT's like satalites where 1 in 3 places get paid... but this could be adjusted to quad ups etc... so 1 in 4 share prize money..  Say theres 40 in the field in a £3.30 game..   and its 1 in 4.. top 10 get £12 each.. and say theres 32 in a 1 in 3... insted of top 11 getting paid and 11th only making a double up.. that money gets added to 1st.. so its a bit more rewarding to finish 1st
    Posted by cummins
    Its got nothing to do with bottling heads up!  Its a variation on DYM (which I personally think is a rake builder and poor value) which rewards the best two players equally, and it is not a suggestion to replace normal SNG's its an addition.

Some may say that to pay 11 in a 1 in 3 payout you need 33 to start.  I assume you read the comments about hand for hand play.....  And why that means DYM or TYM cant run on multi table SNG formats?

Do you drink diet coke object to cherry coke?  Nobody suggests you drink it, but it is offered as part of a range to suit different consumers.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I can't see any harm in giving it a trial see how much interest there really is.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Thanks Dude,

You have hit the nail on the head, it's the only way to see if there is enough demand.